A Tale of Two Tameracks - East Coast Canadian Steel

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Here’s something you probably haven’t seen unless you’ve seen them on my FB posts or instagram.

Tamerack is a small boutique brand out of Nova Scotia Canada owned by Mark Beaver. Mark has been making frames for the last 3 decades brazing up about 200 frames, He mostly makes unreal lugged touring bikes, but he has done a few MTBs and I have two of them :)

The first one popped up on Kijiji out east. With a bit of convincing I talked the owner into sending it west to me. It was inspired by the “ultimate mtb” articles from MBA and fillet brazed with reynolds tubing. The fram arrived in need of some love, which it has gotten. The BB needs rethreading and my guy isn’t working much with quarantine so it's super close to being done, but not quite yet.

Right out of the box from Nova Scotia ...

Fresh black …

Build this far …

Cranks polished, brakes, NOS Rubber, and fresh decals from Mark …

That e-stay frame put me to contact Mark, and he had another frame he was willing to part with; his personal MTB also from c1991. It’s pretty crazy. It was a bit of an easier build so I built it right up to play with. It’s wiggly by design and it works (bit too much so sometimes)! Again, reynolds and fillet brazed. Mark is awesome … he’s even doing brazing work for me on other builds. Great contact :)

Frame: 1991 Tamerack X Frame

Fork: Tange

Headset: Tange
Stem: Ritchey
Handlebar: Ritchey
Grips: Onza
Barends: NONE

Brakes: Suntour XC
Brake Pads: Suntour
Brake Cables: Suntour
Cantilever cable hangers: Suntour
Brake Levers: Suntour XC Pro

Shifters: Suntour XC Pro
Front Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro
Rear Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro
Derailleur Cables: Suntour
Cassette: Sachs
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Cooks QCP
Crank Bolts: Ti
Chainrings: Syncros
Chainring bolts: Steel
Bottom Bracket: Suntour
Pedals: 737s

Hub Skewers: Salsa
Rims: Mavic 231
Hubs: Bullseye
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: 2.1 Spesh Team Master
Tubes: MEC

Saddle: Avocet
Seatpost: Control Tech
Seatpost Binder: Bolt with Hite Rite

More to come ...

Re:

WOW :shock: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: They are absolutely gorgeous, the black one is fantastic and the yellow one is completely loopy ;)

Re:

Firstly an all Black Scheme E-stay..Off the charts Cool :cool: ..The second one WTF :shock: But equally as cool in quite a unique way :D And the Bullseye Hubs..what can you say :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back