A Munro A Month?

zigzag

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
(Or a hill at least)

I want a bit more variety this year. And it doesn't have to be all weekends away to Torridon (although that would be nice too!). There's plenty can easily be done in a day.

So, inspired by this STW thread, I'm thinking this should be do-able.

Early candidates... Ben Vorlich at Loch Earn looks good. Strava and Video

Ben Lomond tourist path I've always fancied. I think Radek and gmac did this a few years ago? Could make for a nice evening run as the nights get lighter (midges excepted). Or a dawn blast. Video.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Re:

Mount Keen's an easy one, but good fun. Fairly flat run in the up up up, then up up up and up again. Amazing view from the top.
Very fast run back down the way you came up or can also head over into Glen Tanar and back via The Fungle.

Kilbo's pretty spectacular but the climb is a push up from either side. You do get a potential 2 for 1 with your Munro's though. Once you reach the plateau Dreish and Mayer are on opposite sides, without having to return to the Glen floor.

Aye, Dumyat we definitely need to do. I keep forgetting about it - let's keep it mind once we've had a dry week or two.

Aye, it was in singletrack an issue or so back. Looked good, hopefully less brutal than that f@cker Keith took us up last time.

Re:

Munro's to me mean walking boots, a map, waterproofs, compass and thermos flask. If I'm lugging a bike up a hill I'll keep it at the Pentlands level. However I'm happy to look at the photies and read the banter as I'm sure other members are such as the Englishers :D

Back