A Fairy Story - 1992 GT Tequesta Wreck Rescue FINISHED

that is awesome! Sooooo clean.

What is the rear brake? I like it!

Also where are you from? You sound like you're local to me, or at least you were when growing up....

Well done on the build.

Cheers

Brake is a Dia-Compe Hombre, with the green anodising stripped from the adjustment washers, gold anodised bolts, and given a mirror polish. Pads are Dura-Ace style cartridge road pads.

I'm from Nottinghamshire originally, Southwell area from 11yrs on and Sutton-in-Ashfield before that.

i like it a lot mate, sounds complicated though, thin i'll stick with the cantis!

Yeah i thought you sounded localish..... i was a mansfield lad!

I have one in fantastic condition with all original spec down to tires and brake blocks. Was wondering if any one could tell me how much its worth as will be selling it very soon ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I have one of these bought in 1992 brand new from Dave Rayner cycles in Bradford. Raced it for a few years, then used as a winter bike to this day, with mudguards and pannier rack. It looks a bit worse for wear as it has clocked around 100,000miles, as I live on the Leeds Bradford boundary and worked in Keighley for a lot of years. I use it rain, snow and sun alike. It still has the original frame, forks, gear shifters and brake levers, saddle and pin, stem, chainset, brakes and front hub. Pretty much everything else has had to be changed because it wore out. It`s heavy and hard graft, especially on some of the climbs (Robin hoods rocks and Morton Bank etc), but it is comfortable if not in a rush. Glad to see that there are some people out there restoring some of the older bikes. Good on ya!

Latest posts

Back