98 GT Zaskar finished and ready to ride

FMJ

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked up the frame w a Z2 over the winter. Sourced parts during the long, cold months. Got her all bolted together. Not entirely pleased with Joyce's stickers. May re-do them in the near future.

Frame: 98 GT Zaskar
Fork: Manitou SX
Headset: FSA Pig DH
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Answer Pro Taper
Grips: generic diamond pattern take-offs lying around the LBS
Brakes: Control Tech
Brake Pads: Kool Stop
Brake Levers: Dangerboy
Shifters: Shimano XT RF
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XT
Chain: HG
Cranks: Shimano LX
Chainrings: Shimano LX
Bottom Bracket: UN-72
Pedals: Shimano DX
Hub Skewers: Shimano Deore
Rims: Mavic 321
Hubs: Shimano Deore
Tires: Sprcialized Ground Control (r) Onza Racing Porcupine (f)
Saddle: Bontrager CroMo
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder: GT

Weight: as always, don't care

zaskar4.jpg

zaskar3.jpg

tidy build
maybe get soem blue bars though?
those levers are so sick! love dangerboy stuff :cry:

Nice work. I know what you mean about the decals, don't look quite 'right'.
Cracking bike though, and I like the bars :LOL:

cyfa2809":4rt9fedm said:
maybe get soem blue bars though?

Blue bars, red fork........ I would have to swap out the seat for my white Turbo for the full US of A effect. :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I think its look just dandy as it is.

I love the cranks and parts in general. I have a hankering for a zaskar myself oneday.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cool beans :cool:

Loving the Zaskars... hopefully be able to sort an early one out for myself later (much later ;) )..

The bike was unrideable with Joyce's stickers on it. :LOL: Sourced some OEM GT stickers, and now it's presentable. Threw on the NOS Rock Shox suspension post I had in the parts rack as well. It really helps take the hit off riding an aluminum frame.

z23.jpg

z21.jpg

z22.jpg

Back