'95 Yeti Arc AS - Team Bike

Factorycol

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
I've always loved the old Yeti's especially the team ones.

I managed to pick this bike up from South Africa of all places... it had been imported from Switzerland some time ago.

I've added the HED wheels, the rest is as it came from Switzerland back in the day. The Swatch sticker grabbed my attention, and that's easier to write than it is to say ;) so i did some digging.

IMG_1330.jpg

After some pictures were sent to a few people I'm pretty certain that this bike was used by Rita Bürgi from switzerland to win the unofficial DS-title at the WCS at Kirchzarten, Germany, in 1995. The guy who send me the below picture also has pictures of her with the bike with the Swatch stickers on it.

WC WIN.jpg
Andi Stettler was managed the team back in the day, has said it could be Lary Jörgensen's bike, but looking at the sizes and all the photos I can find I think it's almost certainly Rita's.

Either way, a cool bike that has some history, so my plans to restore and rebuild are cancelled, its staying as it is. Maybe I'll race it in the Dual Slalom at Malvern this year ;)

Very cool bike. 😎

I’ve seen and read this story somewhere else a while ago, on the Facebook group perhaps?

Very cool bike. 😎

I’ve seen and read this story somewhere else a while ago, on the Facebook group perhaps?
Hi, Thanks and yes, there is nothing wrong with your memory. When I first got the bike into the UK, I posted about it on one of the Vintage Yeti groups on Facebook to help with the research. Social media is a great took for digging into the history of these old bikes.

Wow.

I could watch that forever on repeat.

It was meditative and soothing and mostly just made me want to purchase better cleaning and lubing products!

Back