94 Miyata Pathrunner

redblue

Retro Newbie
Just picked up this 94 Miyata Pathrunner that seems to be all stock with STX special edition in impressive condition. A steal at £110. My third Miyata mtb! The poor guy that sold it hadn't ridden it since he landed on his face quite badly due to the front wheel not being tightened. I had to wipe some dried blood from the frame. Was worse on his face than the bike...

NeiSWFK.jpg

I have one too. Considerably more beat up than this, but still. AL and Cro-Mo in the right places, rides great,
and out performs stuff much more expensive in the right terrain. Built like a battle ship too, and STX just lasts forever.

You really should take the bike stand, shitty reflector and spoke protector off though and hit the trails with it.

£110 well spent. Good price. The variation with aluminium tail is my current rider. A lot effort went into these frames.

I'm not sure, but wasn't the Pathrunner for the Nordic market? I have not found any mention in
the Miyata catalogues, and I'm not sure if elsewhere there was a Koga Miyata equivalent.

The frame build quality is exceedingly good - all Japan precision engineering.

Often thought to take off the clear coat from the AL main tubes and polish them up, and strip back the Cro-Mo rear
stays and paint them black.

Here's another I almost bagged close to original.

Attachments

• 1993-1994_Miyata-PathRunner_STX_IMG_5830.jpg
    1993-1994_Miyata-PathRunner_STX_IMG_5830.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 413
Koga did have frames with aluminium front triangle and steel tail: TerraRunner-Alloy (1992) and ValleyRunner-Alloy (1993). They looked different.

Attachments

• KOGA MIYATA 1992 (18).jpg
    KOGA MIYATA 1992 (18).jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 369
Back