'93 Yeti Arc

I have to agree with @Yetichaser

Get it in there!

BOTM is like the Champions League right now!

Thanks guys and yes I might, but as has been spotted there are a couple of things to finish off. So plan is to get it back from Gee, and then I'll have the pedals / video and finished build to post. Then I'll get entered. I made the mistake of entering my Yo the other month when it wasn't quite finished (repro tyres and no pedals) and I'm not making that mistake again!

Also I've got a full Purple build kit, so I don't know if I should build it purple to enter, or not. Lots to think about when I should be working!

Spec with the blue build as above / current

Frame: Yeti Arc' 93

Fork: Rock Shox Judy SL, in custom desert turquoise

Headset: Chris King Silver 1 1/4" Ahead
Stem: Ringle Zooka Sliver 1 1/4" Ahead
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite in blue
Grips: Panaracer Magic
Barends: n/a

Brakes: Grafton Speed Control in blue
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: Grafton

Shifters: XTR M900 with grafton blue mounts
Front Derailleur: XTR M900
Rear Derailleur: XTM M900
Cassette:
Chain:
Cranks: Cook Bros RSR
Chainrings:
Bottom Bracket:
Pedals: Shimano SPD PDM 525

Hub Skewers: Ringle Holey
Rims: Mavic Front / Ritchey Rear
Hubs: Ringle Front / Shimano XTR Rear
Nipples:
Spokes: DT Front / Disc Drive Rear
Tyres: Panaracer Magic

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Seatpost: Ringle Moby
Seatpost Binder: n/a

Weight: tbc

The Arc is getting a bit of a refresh, for 2 reasons, I wanted the blue build kit for my Klein Attitude and I managed to find a NOS disc drive to replace the slightly damaged on that was on it until recently.

Here it is in its current state.

IMG_3693.jpg

I'd just built the snowflake wheel... purple Chris King hub on a Ritchey Vantage rim to match the old disc, when the new disc appeared, so now I'm left with a choice. Rebuild the snowflake / King on a M231 CD to match the Discdrive or rebuild the disc drive on a silver Vantage to match the front wheel.

I'm just waiting on the stem to land (a purple zooka) and then I can finish the build. I think I might put some black tyres on it, I'm not sure.

decisions decisions..

and yes, I've got some pedals for it :)

do you know what ever happened to the build video? gee's video on the other yeti arc was a treat, but don't think i ever saw this one go live?

do you know what ever happened to the build video? gee's video on the other yeti arc was a treat, but don't think i ever saw this one go live?
Gee is a busy man. We pay him to do some of the videos, the commercial ones for the brands we work with. He just does the retro ones for a bit of fun. I know he's stacked out with videos ready to go. He's got 3 from us, before he even thinks about the 2 retro ones of mine he's filmed already. So I suspect it'll be at some point this year they see the light of day. He's already on about coming over and borrowing my Klein, so I'm guessing he's making sure he's got films ready to go.

The Arc is getting a bit of a refresh, for 2 reasons, I wanted the blue build kit for my Klein Attitude and I managed to find a NOS disc drive to replace the slightly damaged on that was on it until recently.

Here it is in its current state.

View attachment 593161

I'd just built the snowflake wheel... purple Chris King hub on a Ritchey Vantage rim to match the old disc, when the new disc appeared, so now I'm left with a choice. Rebuild the snowflake / King on a M231 CD to match the Discdrive or rebuild the disc drive on a silver Vantage to match the front wheel.

I'm just waiting on the stem to land (a purple zooka) and then I can finish the build. I think I might put some black tyres on it, I'm not sure.

decisions decisions..

and yes, I've got some pedals for it :)
Functionality must be good as is, but I'd constantly feel that the DD hub (M750 right?) is newer than it *should* be, so I'd plump for a rebuild.

Functionality must be good as is, but I'd constantly feel that the DD hub (M750 right?) is newer than it *should* be, so I'd plump for a rebuild.
Yup... I've been looking at this bike a bit today, its next to my desk, and I'm thinking silver rims front and rear. I have a pair of 231s in silver that will look good. So it looks like 2 wheel rebuilds and you're right I'll be a good chance to change over the rear hub to something more mid 90s correct. Its been about 15 years since I build a DD, so that'll be fun.

Back