92' Specialzed M2 Team....Ned Replica.....with story :)

RawBikeCo

Senior Retro Guru
So I've been building various M2's for years, some still need finishing, some have been sold, but my 92' was coming along slowly until I see on FB that Ned's in town.....literally my town, and riding at a demo day at QE park which I can literally see from my workshop! So some rapid finishing off has been required last week and lads given jobs tday as no way I'm missing this, I'm off for the day boys to ride with Ned!!

Demo day was to promote the new E-bike which to be honest I was'nt bothered about so took my Stumpy Evo along just to meet Ned and get out on a planned run, that was great, he was as nice as you'd ever hope and once ride was over I asked very politly if he'd mind signing a few things for me, first my 89' Team jersey which he loved and had'nt seen one in years and then my freshly finished M2.......he loved it, with the exception of the disc drive (still on the hunt!) it's pretty much as he rode, apparently he only raced on the discs and not every race so it is pretty period correct according to the man himself......who can argue with that!

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement, got to go out again later in the day when staff and few others along with Ned did one fast run around QE, might even have beat him up a hill (on an E-bike!)

Thanks to this great site and members who I sourced a lot of the nos kit.......childhood dream box ticked.....just need to track down Johny T now ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 964
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 964
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 964
Re:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 962
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 962
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 962
Re: 92' Specialzed M2 Team....Ned Replica.....Wowwith story :)

Wow, just wow! Just the bike in itself would have been bloody special, but meeting Ned and having him sign it? I would say it's the stuff dreams are made of, but surely nobody even has dreams that optimistic! If it were mine, I'd now be stripping the bike back to the frame and getting a good paintshop to very carefully apply a coat of clear lacquer, sealing that signature for eternity.

Re: Re:

Jamis Diablo":3cvr6vp1 said:
Great story, you must be over the moon! How did he like the fact people are building replicas?

He was just pleased to see the bike, seamed to bring back memories, he was pretty interested in how the hell I found nos ground control umma gumma, and had good stories about how he modified suntour xc pro front mech to stop it slipping off the top ring while climbing!!

AMAZING! The guy is a legend. I would still be grinning ear-to-ear! :)

Love the jersey, it looks spanking!

I'm lucky enough to have one of Tim Gould's old Peugeots and will hopefully get him to sign it one day. A lot easier now he's back racing cyclocross AND lives in the UK!

Ta!
Tim

Fantastic! It's so good to hear of people meeting idols. Been there myself on several occasions! But to have him sign your jersey AND bike is exceptionally brilliant!

Ned is indeed a great guy. Met him a fortnight ago during my trip to Marin. I'm going up to the Specialized gig to see him again tomorrow in Hebden Bridge, might see you if you're there! (Come say hi to the Welsh guy!)

Back