90's Marin Pine Mountain, Trek 970, Bridgestone or similar

chrizpah

Dirt Disciple
Still on the lookout for an early to mid-90s steel mountain bike suitable for conversion to a gravel/bikebacking rig.

Would love to see if you have a Trek 970, Marin Pine Mountain or EG or a Bridgestone MB-1 in a 19" frame

I'm not precious if it's pristine as looking to modify slightly into a gravel/offroad touring rig.

If you have something of a similar area & spec I'd love to hear about it as well.

Looking for fully built bikes but if you have something interesting send my way!
Cheers
Chris

Re:

HI Chris,

I have a trek 930 from 1993. Same frame as the 970 (even stamped on the bottom). Its dark green but its an 18". Any good?

Re: Re:

markjohnson76":229m1f46 said:
HI Chris,

I have a trek 930 from 1993. Same frame as the 970 (even stamped on the bottom). Its dark green but its an 18". Any good?

Just realised I said 19" as that's my size for a Marin. Haven't thrown my leg over a Trek930/950/970 before!

Can you send through some details? I can't yet DM, but if you send me a message I can reply via email.

Cheers
Chris

See photo. It's better than it looks! I bought it to restore but stupidly forgot I already had a 1992 Trek 950 frameset that's the same size and colour. The frame is a really nice dark metallic green with gold decals. One of the last lugged treks and super tough and great to ride. Perfect for bike packing. I'm 5'9" and it's a good size for me.

Attachments

• trek930.jpg
    trek930.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 167
  • trek catalogue.jpg
    trek catalogue.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 167
Back