9 Speed stuff

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Does anyone have any cheap surplus 9 speed equipment?

Looking to rebuild my old Marin up on the cheap for sentimental reasons. Only ever stripped it as I was under the impression the frame was bent which I now know isn't true :roll: (As an idea of quality, I'm going to be using my tired wheels and forks as it's only going to be used on canal paths and clay trails just because I want to be able to ride it again - had some seriously special rides on it). I don't mind what spec it is, I just can't afford huge amounts so hoping there's a few bits and bobs lying around. Parts I need are:

9 speed crankset
34.9 bottom pull front mech
9 speed rear mech
9 speed shifters.

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful. Thankyou

Re:

Mate I'm sure I can cobble something together for you from the spares bin, I'll have a dig around when I get 5 mins

Re:

oh cheers Rick. I've put back a bit of money as a challenge to rebuild this and my old Giant (which will hopefully be next years Mayhem bike) but yeah this is an afterthought, looking back through pictures and made me miss it. There's no rush as the frame being sat in storage for 18 months has left it in a bad way so I've stripped it and going to respray it with a few cans of paint I've got lying around from my charity car build. Just really want to ride it again as it was one of my 24 hour race bikes in 2018 before I could afford a 29er and it was the bike I first managed my Kryptonite ride on (a 32 mile offroad ride that took me many attempts to complete).

Really don't care about the spec as I can upgrade it bit by bit later on but for now I just want to make it look like a bike again.

Re: 9 Speed kit

Hi,

I'm also looking for 9 speed MTB kit.
N.B. Shimano only. M750, 760 or 770 series.

Particularly Rapid Rise rear derailleur,.
Not interested in dual control.

Also want an M610 left crank arm, 175mm, black.

And an M610 10 speed clutch equipped rear derailleur. Condition unimportant as long as the clutch mechanism works.

Re:

I have found a few shifters, SRAM x7, Shimano LX and xt, short of a suitable front mech unfortunately but got a nice tidy xt 750 rear. Got a basic Shimano chainset in tidy order you can have for the price of the stamp - about 4 quid I guess. If you still need shifters and mech let me know I can sort some prices out for you.

I have:
SRAM x7 2sp front shifter
XT M750 front mech
XT M750 rear mech
XT M770 rear mech
LX M570 front mech
LX M570 rear mech
Possibly LX M570 chainset & bottom bracket if I can find the tool to remove it!

if you’re interested in any of the above please Pm with your email or WhatsApp details and I’ll send some photos :)

Re:

Looking for Rapid Rise Rear Derailleur. Shimano M760 or 770 series.

Also want an M610 left crank arm, 175mm, black.

i do have some xt 750 parts: brifters (st-m750), rear mech (rd-m750), cranks (fc-m750), v-brakes complete (br-m750) and the hubs + original skewers in 32° (hb-m750 and fh-m750). just pm if interested.

Back