89 THM Raleigh Dyna-Technicolour

I’m tempted to retape the bars as I have a couple of other choices. I think the camo detracts from the form of the cockpit and makes it less startling.
No, it's perfect. like dazzle paint on warships... you really have to look closely to see which way they are going....

After a sleepless night, aesthetics and ergonomics are now pleasing to my trained eye and far less trained body. Finally I believe this to be ready for tomorrow’s ride. If anybody has any questions fire away.

Remember. What is seen cannot be erased. Merely suppressed or buried within the deeper recesses of the mind, so as to limit trauma or future pain.

I am as always in awe of the fine details... those wood screws are perfection.... :LOL:

First proper (if you could call it that) ride today.

Some thoughts. I like it. But the gear shifters need to be up with the brakes. It felt completely unnatural to reach down from the general riding position to change gear. Plus the chain is too short. Top half of cassette is unobtainable on middle front ring so needs extending. The bar ends feel awkward too so ended up resting more on the join. More anon.

D6B0E221-FED8-436B-BD4E-ABD4F283FD2E.jpeg

Back