8 speed shifter compatibility with vintage dura ace

In the Shimano manual it's suggested that clamping the cable differently at the mech will adjust the cable pull sufficiently to accommodate different levers. Ive never tried it, and it's hard to see how it would work, but worth a try maybe. I've just posted another da downtime shifter question, as I have a set of 8 speed shifters that I have an issue with that maybe you can help with?. Issue is that the front shifter can be pushed forward all the way to pointing at the floor, without meeting a firm stop. Is that normal?

Hi, I'm currently running an 8 speed set-up with a right odd mix of components which I have managed to get shifting smoothly, though more by luck than judgement...here we go..
Shimano Dura ace 9 speed rear mech
Shimano Dura ace 11 speed front mech
Shimano Dura ace 10 speed down tube shifters
Campagnolo Record Carbon chainset 53-39
Shimano 105 cassette 12-25
KMC X8 chain
I stupidly bought the 10 speed shifters expecting them to work ok, they indexed the first 4 shifts ok then it was all down hill. I moved the cable on the rear mech from the back of the bolt to the front and seems to have done the trick...all indexing fine.☺ 20201015_085322.jpg 20201012_164310.jpg 20201012_164515.jpg

Back