70's Europa but not the one most of you are thinking of

PeachyPM":36ez0wce said:
Yes, good choice....
vtwinvince":36ez0wce said:
Great project, very much enjoyed the thread.
kingbling":36ez0wce said:
You just gotta love a bit of bling, great thread and a super build look forward to the next one :cool:
Thanks for the kind words all, glad you enjoyed it and I certainly enjoyed doing it.

Anyway SR drillium crank, new old stock red brake lever hoods, brown bar tape and the correct sized seat pin (it's a 26.8 not a 26.4 as I'd earlier thought) so it's finished now, well unless I can find a set of Ofmega shifters for the right price that is.

Attachments

• Europa 30.JPG
    Europa 30.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 522
Soz for the late comment.... brown tape & red hood combo set it off just right...

Just thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread - what a fantastic job!

Am feeling almost brave enough to try some caustic soda on a seat post when the weather is warmer (which gives me loads of time to chicken out).

KondratievsBike":1v1torx0 said:
Just thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread - what a fantastic job!

Am feeling almost brave enough to try some caustic soda on a seat post when the weather is warmer (which gives me loads of time to chicken out).
Thanks I really enjoyed building it even though it is a tiny bit on the big side for me.

Hi, I am trying to ID a frame and it has been suggested to me it has similarities with Tecnotrat or, if I understand your post correctly, could be a Europa. This one came badged as a Holdsworth, but it does not look correct, its been repainted, but could have been blue initially? It takes a 26.8mm seat post. any thoughts?

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 28
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Close ups.JPG
    Close ups.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 28
Hi, I am trying to ID a frame and it has been suggested to me it has similarities with Tecnotrat or, if I understand your post correctly, could be a Europa. This one came badged as a Holdsworth, but it does not look correct, its been repainted, but could have been blue initially? It takes a 26.8mm seat post. any thoughts?
Well it does look a bit similar to other Technotrat frames I've seen around the seat cluster area but the lugs, seat stay tops and forks are different to my Europa and it doesn't look like any of the Europa's I found in my research, of course that doesn't mean that I found all the variations but I doubt its a Europa. I guess it could be a Technotrat contract frame but you'd need to do a fair bit more image checking to find similar ones so where did the Technotrat suggestion come from?

Well it does look a bit similar to other Technotrat frames I've seen around the seat cluster area but the lugs, seat stay tops and forks are different to my Europa and it doesn't look like any of the Europa's I found in my research, of course that doesn't mean that I found all the variations but I doubt its a Europa. I guess it could be a Technotrat contract frame but you'd need to do a fair bit more image checking to find similar ones so where did the Technotrat suggestion come from?
Thanks, Yes I get the distinct impression it is a contract build, but who for is the big question. There are a number of possibilities, but the seat stay attachment and the number on the BB socket with no obvious frame number does seem the only significant details. Thanks for your help.

Back