700c wheels for 126 rear spacing

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm looking for 700c wheels 126 rear spacing, prefer cassette rather than freewheel if at all possible. I have about £60 on the 22nd for them.

Preferably Shimano 600 or near to them

Alison

Re:

To be honest I don't know I've never built a retro road bike before just MTB's :oops: so any advice you have would be helpful, I just would prefer a cassette rather than a freewheel I don't have to tools to remover anything but cassettes, I think my frame is from the late 80's :)

Alison

Re:

I have these for sale on ebay at the moment...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Road-Bike-Wh ... 3742397122

Shimano 600 hubs with 7 speed uniglide freehub (I have the cassette too if you would like that), Alesa rims... they are from a 1989 Raleigh Road ace, and they're in very good condition. No skewers.

£85 inc postage (+ £15 for the cassette) Paypal gift or fees on top

Sorry, I realise they are a bit more than your budget - let me know if you're interested.

edit - for uniglide you need 2 chain whips instead of a lockring tool - the smallest sprocket is also the lockring - see the link below for more detail..

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/k7.html

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Nice wheels, the max I could go to is £80 posted and that would really leave me skinto as soon as I got my money lol :facepalm: :LOL:

Alison

Re:

Actually I do have another set which would be £65 posted - slightly newer (1992 I think), but not quite as clean... they are in good usable condition though

36 spoke
shimano 105 hubs
7 speed hyperglide freehub
wolber gtx2 black rear rim
mavic ma2 black front rim

no cassette or skewers supplied

Let me know please if they sound any good and I'll give them a wipe down and take some pictures later on when I get a chance...

Re: Re:

laurence":1orcx5a7 said:
Actually I do have another set which would be £65 posted - slightly newer (1992 I think), but not quite as clean... they are in good usable condition though

36 spoke
shimano 105 hubs
7 speed hyperglide freehub
wolber gtx2 black rear rim
mavic ma2 black front rim

no cassette or skewers supplied

Let me know please if they sound any good and I'll give them a wipe down and take some pictures later on when I get a chance...

Yes, I am very interested, but being '92 will they fit a 126 rear spacing??

Alison

Re:

I've not got around to cleaning them yet, but here are some pictures...

I'll be away next week so they would be shipped on Monday 25th Feb using a 48hr courier

Please let me know if you would like them, or if you have any questions...

IMG_9100.JPG

IMG_9101.JPG

IMG_9102.JPG

IMG_9103.JPG

IMG_9104.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9106.JPG

IMG_9107.JPG

IMG_9108.JPG

IMG_9109.JPG

Latest posts

Back