5th of May Cotswolds ride "Return to Hell " This S

ooooooww where do I start ......

Cracking day out with the usual suspects the Garmin read 32 miles with 2600ft of climbing and considering the weather we have been having we did good (even some sunshine!! :shock: )

Loads of highlights for me!!

-The grand departure lasting all of about 800 yards before pedalheads newly acquired fat chance crank arm came loose
-the riding around a sleepy cotswold village at 10:30am on a Saturday morning clad in lycra asking anyone/everyone if they had a socket set !!
-finding one that was attached to a pretty scarey "local" !! part time leatherhead sprang to mind :shock:
-eventually getting the retrobike train rolling ...we had covered 0.5 miles in 35 mins :LOL:
-The great selection of bikes on offer , Two fat chances,Independent Fabrication cross bike, muddy fox , Xizang & Alan cross
-enjoying the cracking Cotswold views and trails
-The exploding rear tub on the Alan (totally gutted :cry: )
-The super quick launching of the Support vehicle with reserve bike!!
-Little joes pit stop supplying much needed energy drinks (courtesy of Mass1999)
-Adrians look of wanting to punch me in the face (it was your idea to ride both days!!) :LOL:
-Running into unknown terrain (mapped on my Garmin) but the Garmin now being on Adrians bike behind us ...trying to look like I knew where I was going :LOL:
-The final decent back into Blockley!!
-Walking through the front door met by big smiles from the mrs and boy with Chilli and garlic bread for all !!
-Alcohol free beer!!! yeah everyone can have one!!
-The awards ceremony
-Ededwards collecting bike of the ride AGAIN !! :cool:
-Nevadasmith collecting best dressed!!
-myself :oops: mechanical & spirit of the ride (should be shared with mrs/boy)

So there we are, A great day I thought would like to thank everyone who came and MASSIVE thank you to Claire and Joe for carparking duties and pit crew and all the food and coffee including the infamous flapjack!! :cool:

Ed lifting his Bike of the ride trophy :cool:

Attachments

• photo (26).JPG
    photo (26).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,155
Was a top day out , hospitality was first class.

Dave has pretty much covered it , but the chap who lent us the ratchet and socket , trusted us strangers enough to lend it to us for the day- which is very good of him.(and just as well !)
The Cotswolds do have miles of rocky bridleways , which on a very stiff ,rigid bike you feel every inch of and take a good battering.

Dave also came up with a good one also, running a "jib"of the ride, which will be awarded for those jibbing out of the monthly rides - its only right a league table will be set up in a jibber thread

Next ride , June 8th - will come up with a special route ahead of Mayhem and to celebrate the Olympics

Peace out

Thanks to Dave,Claire and Joe for hosting a great ride and much needed food ;)

1st class day as usual and the climbing :shock: That was bit of a struggle after not much time on a bike recently ;)

Can't wait till June :D

Smashing day out with great company and a route that was familiar in some places but not in others. Fantastic hospitality afterwards too but possibly the most impressive part of the day was Dave's bike change - I have no proof whatsoever but I'll swear that Dave conciously weighted his rear wheel when he went over that cattle grid.

I managed to finish off the evening with a curry and a few pints (this morning my head suggests that I was overserved) - does a Bank Holiday Saturday get any better than that?

ededwards":1u4stwcz said:
Smashing day out with great company and a route that was familiar in some places but not in others. Fantastic hospitality afterwards too but possibly the most impressive part of the day was Dave's bike change - I have no proof whatsoever but I'll swear that Dave conciously weighted his rear wheel when he went over that cattle grid.

I managed to finish off the evening with a curry and a few pints (this morning my head suggests that I was overserved) - does a Bank Holiday Saturday get any better than that?

No :D

Could anyone remind me what the rear brake on the Wicked is called? Been playing around with it a bit today & it's a nifty piece of kit so I'm interested in finding out a bit more. Cheers!

pedalhead":6cb8sfa0 said:
Could anyone remind me what the rear brake on the Wicked is called? Been playing around with it a bit today & it's a nifty piece of kit so I'm interested in finding out a bit more. Cheers!

U brake, not sure what make though.

Self - energising , though cannot remember the make , Adrian's your best bet as he knows more about them

pedalhead":1sn2j3j3 said:

It is a Scott SE (Self Energising) one - nice bit of kit - CNC'd and all.

I have some instructions for the canti version if you'd like them I'll sort you a copy.

Makes up for the knackered crank!! :LOL:

Sorry I managed to 'edit' rather than 'quote' your post earlier (doh!) all fixed now :D

Back