50s Look Water Bottle for a £1

Robbied196

Senior Retro Guru
I had a bit of an experiment with a aluminium water bottle from good ole Poundland.

They have these in the cycling section in various colours, although I picked a silver one any colour will do. They are powder coated but its fairly easy removed with some paint stripper and wire wool. Leave the plastic top on so there's no contamination to the inside. Once its back to the alloy it can be polished then after a few weeks gathering some scratches and dings it starts to look quite good. A cork and some string finishes the job.

Re:

I sprayed the Swiss flag onto my 50p bottle, I haven't fitted a cork yet as the port is not finished (vintage, of course) :D

DSC03010.jpg

Excellent idea. I wonder if it would be possible to keep the threaded part of the top but remove the plactic cap and replace with cork to maintain both the look and functionality>?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
mjray":3qx1mspn said:
Have the shops really gone to pot to the point where we have to buy corks online? :?

Well now that I have noticed your location you could probably get one in Roys, but I would have to order online. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back