Wanted 3x7 (or 8) shifters

There is only a single 7s brifter type, which are RX100.
Alternatively early Sora existed in 7s, but with the Campag ergo-style thumb lever on the inside.

I believe Microshift do some now, not sure if there is a triple option.

Alternatively early Sora existed in 7s, but with the Campag ergo-style thumb lever on the inside.

It’s for a super-low-budget commuter build so happy for less than NOS condition:)

There are a couple of options available new from SJS if the budget will stretch that far

EDIT - Sprockets UK have the tourney ones at a lesser price of £75

There are a couple of options available new from SJS if the budget will stretch that far

EDIT - Sprockets UK have the tourney ones at a lesser price of £75
Yikes! Bit too pricey for a student runabout lock up and leave build, but appreciate the pointers : )

Yikes! Bit too pricey for a student runabout lock up and leave build, but appreciate the pointers : )
Simplest is a set of bar-end shifters, any old ones and simply select friction. The amount of pull per click in 7s is sufficiently big that it generally shifts cleanly.

I had forgotten about the Tourney ones. The Claris 8s are reportedly pretty good, although triples are rare.

A full Campag 8s shifter andrear mech will work fine too, the cog spacing on Campag 8 is identical to Shimano 7.

Another alternative is Campag 9s (pre-2001), and run a hubbub-cable routing Shimano rear mech. (If you don't understand what I am going on about have a Google of 'shimergo') or look at the Cycling UK Shimergo pages.

Back