27.5 plus

run a 650b+ wheelset in a couple of 29"ers, excellent compromise, handling slightly quicker, still plenty of momentum
even running a Single speed with a + front end on a rigid 445mm fork, works a treat ;)

Re:

If you are shopping at Evans you can double up Tesco clubcard points. Best bit is you use them to buy an e gift card so you can "buy" family & friends clubcard points by having them purchase the e gift card and give it to you. As Tesco instore boost has been scrapped most people will be using them at face value so why not swap them for cold hard cash that can be spent anywhere and you double your money!

I combined mine and my dads e gift card to get a set of XT disc brakes (no cash paid) and still have £30 on my e gift card plus another £19 of vouchers to double up :). I will probably buy my Dads latest clubcard vouchers too, but struggling to find something I need/want!

I have a Sonder Transmitter which is awesome fun. Super fast down hill and the geo is almost identical to a stiff morf but the frame is £200 cheaper lol.

But if you want to keep up with a group of friends on normal bikes the drag makes + a bit slow.

I'm now running mine with 2.4 Maxxis HR2s and its super fast. I had 2.8 Nobby Nics on which had amazing traction, so much so that if you freewheeled downhill you would slow down :-( until it went quite verticle.

For comparison the NNs are 72mm wide on 45mm rims and my 2.4 HR2s are 62mm wide on 35 mm rims. So not loads of difference.

if you are getting a plus frame make sure you measure the chain stay clearence to ensure tire clearance.

I've just done a day at glentress and it would have been a pain in the arse on plus tires.

Thats just my take after riding + for a while.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":sfdqawk0 said:
Just bought a new Orange Segment that has a boost rear so might check out 27.5+ in the future. :cool:

I've got a set of boost love mud wheels set up tubeless with 2.8 Nobby Nics on you can have for a good price :) if you want to give 27.5+ a go.

Re: Re:

THEFALLGUY":6dze9n5y said:
brocklanders023":6dze9n5y said:
Just bought a new Orange Segment that has a boost rear so might check out 27.5+ in the future. :cool:

I've got a set of boost love mud wheels set up tubeless with 2.8 Nobby Nics on you can have for a good price :) if you want to give 27.5+ a go.

I could be interested if brocklanders isn't
Could run my wtb,s as Road wheels then

mass199":60m5swf1 said:
Anyone ridden one yet? What are your thoughts?

I'm thinking hardtail or even fully rigid as a winter/night ride bike.

winter? have you ridden a fatbike in the mud? zero grip. maybe when maxxis brings out some decent plus size mud specific tyres. for any bike you're uncertain on, I'd highly recommend a demo test ride first.

Re:

Went and tried then bought the Norco. It's a great bike for a cheapy, forks and brakes are trash for my 16 stone but rides fast and light so I'm well happy :D

Re:

Yes, I've put a reverb on it and will be sourcing some better brakes and forks when I get chance.

Back