Wanted 24mm alloy seatpost

Gazjacko

Dirt Disciple
I have acquired an old mixte frame Peugeot which I want to recommission for a retro ride for the wife ( not a bad swap!). The current seatpost is steel chromed and although in good condition, is a bit short.
Anyone got an alloy 24 mm seatpost ( I don’t mind it needing a clean/ polish ) lying around in their ‘ might come in useful ‘ stock?

I have a nice fluted one but may not be worth considering as it's definitely on the short side. I guess your existing one will have to be especially small for my one to help you, but happy to measure mine if you think a few cm could make the difference.

Sorry to hop in, if this ends up not being what Gaz is after then it may be of use to me :) thanks

Smigg

Oh, one small snag I've just discovered is that it takes a weird sized saddle cradle to fit the post. When I pulled it out to measure the diameter I saw the cradle was missing but assumed it would be in the bottom of the box it was in since cradles do sometimes become separated. But that's not the case, so I will check a box of seatposts I have and I'm sure it will likely be in there. To complicate things, the post is of French manufacture, so typically for this country and pre 80s the design is quite a one off which means that many other cradles aren't compatible, so unfortunately taking a cradle from a cheap beater post isn't an option.

Thanks for your efforts, I’m also looking at heads to see if it’s possible to remove and fit/fix to a piece of alloy tubing ( I can source 4mm thick 24mm diameter 300mm length for around £15)

Thanks for your efforts, I’m also looking at heads to see if it’s possible to remove and fit/fix to a piece of alloy tubing ( I can source 4mm thick 24mm diameter 300mm length for around £15)
I'm not sure I follow you- have you decided to make a homemade seatpost now?

Back