20mm through axle to 9mm QR adaptors?

Oakleyman

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,

A couple of years ago I obtained a lovely set of Ritchey disc xc wheels from this site.

Wheels are still going strong but they are 20mm through axle and I have a possible need to fit to a different bike/fork running a 9mm QR. I see 15mm axle adaptors but confused over the possibility of the same thing for 20mm.

Anyone know if this is possible or am I going to think about changing plans and getting other wheels?

Cheers,

Mark

Curious, what wheelset is it exactly? could you post a pic.

Could be running the 20mm conversion kit, in which case you will be able to convert to 9mm.

Re:

I think i had a ritchey 20mm front wheel. I popped off the 20mm adapter and a hope qr adapter slotted right in. Didn't need to run them like that but I thought I might need to and couldn't find much info online about an oem adapter so tried with what I had.

Fairly sure it was a ritchey hub.

Ebay sell them for around £10 iirc, just slide into the 20mm sleeve, I’ve had one fitted to some wheels for a years and spot on, no issues at all.

Re: Re:

d8mok":y2ku93l6 said:
Lacuna":y2ku93l6 said:
Sadly not. 20mm hubs are 110mm wide and qr is 100mm

Are you saying all 20mm hubs are 110? Or just the ones in question

As far as I can tell (and all the 1’s I have are) yes all 20mm forks are 110mm.

longun":fpa9tg95 said:
Ebay sell them for around £10 iirc, just slide into the 20mm sleeve, I’ve had one fitted to some wheels for a years and spot on, no issues at all.

Don’t think that will work as 20mm forks are 110mm and qr is 100 so hub physically won’t fit in the fork. Only way around it is with a convertible hub like hope.

Latest posts

Back