2013 ideas/plans /wants?

matthew71":2tgwd7m7 said:
I like the idea of going to other area,s and would be up for that.but I am not sure many others will be if they cannot even get to the FOD for jame,s great rides

Isle of wight sounds fun,we could do a road trip dave,like thelma snd louise,but with canti,s and stubble :LOL:

Thanks for the kind words Matt,agreed to keep it more interesting we need to expand the areas we ride in.

Matthew & Daj has a similar ring to Thelma and Lousie, I look forward to the ending ;)

A few thoughts:

- If you come on a Retrobike ride then ride retro if at all possible, it’s only every month or so.
- would be good to get more people to host rides. For logistical simplicity, if you’re going on a ride then just post it up, - you’re doing the ride anyway so it’s a bonus if anyone says they fancy it and no big deal if no one shows.
- perhaps have a ‘Come Ride With Me’ feature where people take it in turns to host a ride and some sort of vote.
- alternate between road and offroad each month?

With regard to getting FoD on the National Calendar I'd urge a bit of caution as it involves a lot of organisation/pressure to get it right for 40+ riders some of whom will be travelling 4 hours each way. Toss in that, while arguably as good if not better riding for old bikes that anywhere in the UK, FoD isn't best suited to very large groups - perhaps 4 sub-regional FoD rides in the year with the aim of no more than a dozen each time would be more feasible?

I'd love to be able to get out more with you guys but family commitments and the wife's work pattern mean that I can only do the odd Saturday ride. Even then I have to persuade my parents to have the kids for the day which isn't always convenient.

I really appreciate any effort that's made to get rides organised for the West Midlands group but for the forseeable future I'll just have to tag along when I can if that's ok.

I like the monthly rides - it's been hard with work and family for the pas few months but that should get better at some point....(!) but I'd agree with Dave that not doing a monthly ride if there is a national on is probably a good idea - as edd says if anyone is riding locally then just post it up and it gives people a local option.

Also edds comment is true about riding retro - as much as possible - there were a couple of occasions where me an Matt were out numbered by modern steeds by two or three to one!

I like the 'come ride' wth me edd - genius! You could maybe divide up the region up a bit and we could pair up to host a ride - cotswolds, FoD, leckhampton, up Matts' way etc.

Like the idea of fitting some road rides in too.

Back