Is it wrong to use non period decals?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all.

Had a bit of a issue with the tyres not holding air. My wheels aren't tubeless ready but I thought I'd just tape them up up a YOLO it. Dint work :D so after abit of research I found a tried and tested method and now all is well. The trick was to use a thicker tape so the tyre was tighter on the rim, 2 layers of electrical tape followed by one wrap of 25mm gorilla tape. Added some fresh sealant and off I went for a shakedown ride. Happy to report I still have air I'm my front tyre. Will have to re-do the rear at some point, allthough its holding up at the moment.

In other news, I got a new fork. I've swapped in my upgraded compression damper and plan to swap the lowers for my newer ones later. For now I think the black stanchions take the aesthetics up a notch 😎

These forks are 120mm travel which I was concerned would upset the geo. But the angle headset allows the longer fork to not slacken out the seat angle too much while adding the benefits of a slacker head angle. Admittedly I haven't riddlen it off road yet but so far the bike feels really good in the handling department. The whole theme here was always to do everything that was feasibly possible to modernise the bike.

20240608_160016.jpg

20240608_155908.jpg

Last edited:
Back