1999 Parts for Jack Flash build.

Stewpercharged

Dirt Disciple
Going to build up this Jack Flash with bits from 1999... I just cant remember what bit I used to want from the LBS glass cabinet of 12 year olds dreams.

Looking for ideas on what parts to chase and search for.

Headset
Bars
Stem
Cranks
Seatpost
Seat.

Any ideas?

Fsa pig or orbit, or Ritchy headset
Club roost, tranz x bars or easton bars
Kore stem
Fsa Powerpro cranks
Seat post is irrelevant, you couldnt see it anway as it had yo be slammed at all times.
Wtb or tioga seat.

As you mentioned "want from the LBS" i woudl go top tier:

Headset: Pig, Orbit, or maybe cane creek?
Bar/Stem coombo: Azonic stubby with Double wall bars/World Force (these are getting pricey now) or alternatively Tioga cube stem and bars
Cranks: Steel (profile, DMR etc) or go shimano square taper. Power pros were made of cheese.
Seatpost: as above, but if your picky, tioga or race face
seat: As above, Tioga. Maybe an old SDG Bell Air or x-lite saddle?

See,i loved my powerpro cranks. Still got 2 sets although i will admit that one has no crank puller threads left so hard cheese at least. 😂 DMR were heavy and shimano were mundane. But dmr v8s were the pedals of choice (ubless ypu were weird like me and had outland sealed bearing jobbies).

Tioga bar and stem is a good call. There was another which began with an A, but i cant remember it right now. Ive got a bright orange stem from them so ill look another time.

Race face where just starting to emerge as where truvativ so they might be an option (although i hated truvativ splined cranks with a passion).

Back