1999 KONA Manomano

Thanks!

Popped out the piece and it was oiled up nicely already.

a Raceface X-type BB fits fine although had to use 2 shims on each side to remove crank side-to-side play. 1 and 2 wasnt enough.

Using this Cambium C19 saddle. I've got a B17 and a C67 on other bikes and love them. Brooks products are first class all the way, IMO.

Ive got XT M8000 brakes on my 2000 Kona Kula (same hose guides as yours) and the BH90 hose fits through the guides. Nice build looking forward to seeing it done :cool:

This $28 tool from eBay worked well...

So this is how it sits today. Need to cut the steerer/reduce spacers, swap out flatter bars and a shorter stem, adust seat back and get a new olive for the rear brake line so I can disconnect it, snake it through the guides and then reconnect.

the 100mm fork has too much travel for this bike doesn't it :(

Last edited:
Your headset tool is pretty fancy compared to my effort, a bunch of stacked washers tacked together with the welder on some threaded rod.

It looks stunning with all the black components on it. At least you didnt cut the steerer down before making the fork travel decision.

Last edited:
Indecision resulted in this bike sitting on the rack for too long. I believe a period correct fork and travel (80MM) is getting it back on track. Just waiting for a proper Ritchey crown race and some "cable guide to rear brake hose" adapters for the frame to finish her up.

Last edited:
That'll ride nicely, just be careful with the fairly fragile rear end. Kona had beefed it up by this point compared with the 97 and 98 models, but it's still old-skool ;)

Back