1998 Cannondale F500 - Non catalogue colour. Update 19/09/22

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just recently acquired this. The serial number points to its being made in 1998 March, but the colour isn't in any catalogue. Was that common for Cannondale to do?

IMG_20220821_191014.jpg

Last edited:
Also specific models for bigger dealers or store chains, or replacement frames for warranty issues...

To me it seems that especially around 2000 Cannondale had a lot of deviations from catalog models.

The color of yours is great, much better than boring black ones from that time.

Thanks for the replies. Am thinking of putting some super high risers on it, but the rest of the build is going to be from the parts bin.

I think I've worked out what the colour it is. I think it was sold later in 1998, and Cannondale have sprayed it in the 1999 F400 Wildberry Fade colour option, as that's the closest match. Capture.JPG

Pretty much finished this. It was going to be a parts bin build. I had an m570 front mech, and the gold version rear, but I needed to buy a few things to get it road worthy, and so I bought a pair of m570 shifters, and then the m570 wheels came up local to me, so they then set the trend for the red theme as I had a set of DX v brakes spare.
It is on the small side hence why I've put a long Seatpost on it, but until a larger frame becomes available, I'll leave it be.
IMG_20220918_192726.jpg

Back