1997 Voodoo D-Jab Titanium (1.5years update)

Vitalcorn

Dirt Disciple
Hello,
I'm back from my very first project a 1994 MBK M344 it was a sort of a training for me and as everything went well I decided to go further and bought a titanium frame !

It's a 1997 Voodoo d-jab 20,5" 1kg840 frame, it wasn't expensive because it's not in the best shape, a lot of scratches and particularly weirds deep scratches on the chain-stay not made by a chain idk what it could be, I had to take off the stickers and the metal badge is full of glue here's pics from the seller :
kcWQniL.jpg

FNyIOjq.jpg

nzTtUNG.jpg

After a good hour with some red Scotch Brit and following some tutorial I managed to renew a bit the frame I'll try to do a bit more when I'll have the new stickers and all the components, I took of the sitckers with Acetone it went well but for the glue on the badge it's another problem even the acetone doesn't clean that if you have any advice !
ZBcxnCj.jpg

o5mKhPT.jpg

wuZ0Vg9.jpg

tDYnDcz.jpg

I found him a beautiful fork Fox F100X Terralogic with the appropriate steerer lenght (20,5cm) and most importantly V-Brakes compatible, it's too much travel for the 80mm frame but I honestly don't think it'll do any damage to the frame
4OxloYS.jpg

I'm waiting to receive a new headtset and I'll start the rebuild with the pieces from my first build you can find it here :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=403509

If anyone have any advice for the glue on the badge :oops: And also I don't know if I'll put back the stickers and if yes original white stickers or in black :?:

cheers !

Re: 1997 Voodoo D-Jab Titanium

Interessting! If I remember correctly I used a hair dryer to get rid of the headbadge...

No decals for me - Ti always speaks for itself :)

will watch with interest - somewhere in my shed there is a D-Jab tucked away and waiting to be build; maybe I'm going to find me here some inspirations for the build :)

Re:

Ive had one of these, the problem with these frames in the larger sizes is the seattube insert.
It doesnt run far enough in the seattube wich causes stress in the seattube/toptube era.
If it isnt cracked and you want to ride the bike i would highly recommend to have made a longer insert.
But apart from that these are fantastic :cool:

Just received the head-set yesterday and finished the build up, I just need some v-brake bosses for the fork and the first version will be done ! :D

Here's some pics after the first test ride (with only rear brakes), what an amazing frame !! It feels so modern it's fast and agile on the trails you can be very aggressive, the fork works really well but looks like it's leaking a bit of oil on the joints :( The seller told me it was back from a full revision but I start to doubt now...

pShL9Dq.jpg

KVhStes.jpg

I don't think I'll add the original stickers I like the stealth look it have like that
Next upgrade next year will be maybe a crossmax on the front with disc brake and a lighter group set !

Frame: 1997 Voodoo D-jab TI

Headset: Nukeproof Neutron
Fork : 2004 Fox F100X Terralogic
Stem: Raceface Evolve AM
Handlebar: Raceface Evolve DH 710mm
Grips: SRAM
Brakes + levers : V-Brakes Avid 2.0

Shifters: Sram X5 10V
Rear Derailleur: Sram X5 10V
Cassette: 10V Sunrace CSRS1 11-32
Chain: SRAM PC1031 Apex
Cranks: Sunrace 96bcd 175mm
Chainrings: 34T Narrow Wide
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN52
Pedals: Shimano Saints

Wheels : 2014 Mavic Crossride UB 26”
Tyres: Maxxis crossmark 2.1

Saddle: Italia
Seatpost: Race Face Ride XC

Some news from the D-jab :D
It serves me really well and i've updated it since 2019 and it's still so good to ride it in the forest on single-tracks and gravel roads !

Here's the new specs :

Stem: Tranz-x 50mm 25,4mm
Handlebar: Easton monkeylite carbon
Grips: Odi tro lee design
Brakes : XTR M960
Levers : XTR M950
Fork : Fox f100x terralogic

Shifters: Shimano SLX M7000
Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX M7000 11v
Cassette: Shimano SLX M7000 11-46
Chain: Shimano SLX
Cranks:Shimano SLX M7000 175mm  
Chainrings: Shimano SLX M7000 32T
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Saint SMBB80

Pedals: Shimano Saint
Wheels: Crossmax XL
Tyres: Maxxis crossmark 2.1
Saddle: 1993 Italia Flite Titanium
Seatpost: Easton EC70
Seatclamp : Hope silver

Next thing I want to do is to go tubeless (maybe with some gravelking tan wall 2.1 if I can find them in stock somewhere) but I'm afraid it'll be a mess in my flat and idk if my Lezyne pump is enough

Back