1997 Kona ManoMano

It's a "period" X-Lite Xpert Cross Country specific handlebar! 😄 but only around 600mm wide, so I've got the lock-on grips hanging over the ends a bit.
Something like an Azonic stem would fit in well.

Welcome to the Manomano club!
Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far!
Small update today, swapped out the Avid Speed Dial Ti levers for some Litepro Ultimates, modern V-brake levers but they look pretty retro, i think they suit the bike better than the Avids, and seem to work just as well although I think the Avids have a nicer feeling lever.
Took the bike out for a 19 miler today and it didn't miss a beat 😃

20210411_082054.jpg
20210411_091544.jpg

Took the Manomano out for a short ride this morning, theres been a few upgrades recently; including swapping out the Z3 Light forks for some Z1's, a shorter DDG stem, some Azonic O'Neal riser bars, and I've reinstated the original cranks with a 34T chainring...

20210516_064524.jpg
20210516_064535.jpg
20210516_064558.jpg
20210516_064614.jpg

I think I'll try the chainring on the middle position instead though as it did drop the chain when at the top of the cassette, previous chainring was a 32T narrow wide and I had no problems with that, these cranks take a 94Bcd 5-arm ring though so a narrow wide ring would be trickier to find i think.
I'll see how it goes....

Always used to run the chainring in the middle position, definitely helps. Shortening the chain also helps stop bounce, though i see you have a dcd fitted. If it is still an issue for you, you can run a Roox chain dog type device, a lot of people used to run a front mech (not cabbled up) as a cheap alternative :)

The levers are Aliexpress specials, along with the lock-on grips I think they're the only modern items on the bike (discounting chain/cables etc).

Latest posts

Back