1997 Kona Kapu - sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I am curious about the owner-chain / history of my kapu. Definitely came through a few forum people.

Mine is the 95/96 with the ‘98 graphics courtesy of iron man?

Re: Re:

pigman":3dpsydqc said:
Looking at your build thread, yours is bright green.

What year was the darker olive green one. I always liked that and almost bought a used one, but went for an aluminium giant tcr instead

That was 96, and it's really dark olive, more aubergine than green I reckon.

fritzlite":3dpsydqc said:
(the 96' was for me! Large, please...!)

:D Good luck both of you! There was 1 for sale a few years back that needed work but was at a good price. I haven't seen another since...

67dd3a020128ec64_small.jpeg

Re:

Same as the one I had and sold! (mine had the right forks though)
Tried to buy it back a while back too ...

One of the reasons I sold it was because I expected it to be the same frame as the '95 version - and it wasn't. Not having the fluted seat tube probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's one of the things I particularly loved about the 1995 bike.

Anyway all this talk of Kapus has me motivated. My '95 is sat in the hallway after having its old BB extracted. It's next to the very loud '09 Haole that's been my unicorn for years on end. First time I've ever seen one for sale and it was in my size!

Dave_Mars":2dti5f8j said:
I am curious about the owner-chain / history of my kapu. Definitely came through a few forum people.
Mine is the 95/96 with the ‘98 graphics courtesy of iron man?

I bought it from Mikkel who had bought it from Fritzlite and was about to do something terrible to the dropouts. In hindsight I'd have just touched up the damage rather than send it to Argos. I sold it to a very nice guy who kept it for quite a while and really liked it. He did offer to sell it back to me, but it was always one size too small.

Fritzlite also kindly supplied me with the Kapu I have downstairs :)

finnaly you got the Kapu - congrats; you deserves it :cool:

and I queue in line for a 96 Kapu :mrgreen:

Re:

yes..thats a 95` and with 6500 shimano... not the usual campa veloce
really nice....
any 96`kapu`s (the dark gray one), in the Vancouver area?

Attachments

• 366.jpg
    366.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 516

fritzlite":19b08uj0 said:
yes..thats a 95` and with 6500 shimano... not the usual campa veloce
really nice....
any 96`kapu`s (the dark gray one), in the Vancouver area?

Thanks!!!
The only other one I've seen recently locally was a (97/98?) Reynolds 853 in yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back