1997 Kona Explosif

TheGMan

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
I am the original owner of this 1997 Explosif.
Sold it to a mate at work about 6 years ago. pestered him ever since, he sold me it back yesterday as he got a new trek for christmas. :D It's just the same as when I sold it...

5306109013_8016bd16d9_b.jpg

Unsure what to do with it yet as i also have a Lavadome that needs doing up... :roll:
I upgraded to the Pace forks at the time of purchase (When New)
Picture makes it look in better nik than it is...

i like those, a friend has one and it's really nice condition aswel like your one.

1st things first though, new jockey wheels! ;) :D

Looks like neither of you have ever ridden it!

That is one of my favourite ever Kona's and one of the best ever colours.

Lovely. Thanks for sharing!

That's lovely, although my ageing back would necessitate a new stem!

Wish someone on here had bought my old P7 from Leisure Lakes last year and would post pics!

The pictures make it look like it's mint, it has a dint in the top tube (caused by a bang from the Dewy 2 bar ends it used to have) and has been well used by me but my collegue just took it on the canal now and again, I rode for Bob Jacksons Cycles and I'm told it would braze fill and a respray would get it back to brilliant.

I may flip the stem as I'm not as young as when I had it first time. :cry:

Had a PM about size, it's a 19"..

5306702252_259ba53393_z.jpg

Thanks for the comments lads...

I'm so jealous - but in a positive way. Wish Santa had brought me a Kona as smart looking as that. Funny how you get attached to your own rides - not sure that selling the special ones really transfers 'ownership'.

I really like the Pace forks on this, and wouldn't worry about fixing the dent and getting it resprayed, unless its a lot worse than it looks in the pics - as it was yours from new I think its nice that is original and the scrapes tell a story. I'd change those tyres though...but overall lovely :D

Very nice indeed & a gorgeous colour :cool: The lines of the 19" frame look great. Do you mind if I ask how tall you are?

Latest posts

Back