1997 Kona Cinder Cone Disc conversion

The brake looks to be in very good condition, but if the pistons are the older 2 part type(steel core inside alloy piston) as it wears its really prone to vibrating, which makes the most god awful squealing noise. The plastic pistons are a good upgrade for that and it will only set you back about 12 quid.
That is if the pistons are the first type, if plastic forget I added this bit.

Shame I hadn't spotted this earlier. I've a blue ano mini no3 caliper, would have blended in very nicely.

The brake looks to be in very good condition, but if the pistons are the older 2 part type(steel core inside alloy piston) as it wears its really prone to vibrating, which makes the most god awful squealing noise. The plastic pistons are a good upgrade for that and it will only set you back about 12 quid.
That is if the pistons are the first type, if plastic forget I added this bit.

Shame I hadn't spotted this earlier. I've a blue ano mini no3 caliper, would have blended in very nicely.
Thanks for the heads up, they are the metal type but currently they're quiet lol. I have removed a Phenolic or whatever they are called piston from an unserviced mini and it was a right pig to get out, It ended up in 100 bits!

Back