1996 Stumpy m2 (challenging my own prejudices)

Even better, you can set up a poll on a thread (although never done it myself) so you can get an expert panel decision.

Don't listen to anything I say, I like Raleigh's!😂
Had a rummage for cranks around the right age / reasonably in keeping. Would be the worst poll ever, as pretty much left with a choice between a specialized strongarm and a shimano m510. So if you're minded to call it for me ;) I think that bike would originally have had a strongarm crank, possibly a 5 arm (could well be wrong). Also have the black strongarm2 crank currently on my white Stumpy, that I could rob if worth the trouble, as this bike gets cranks swaps whenever the wind changes direction anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_5759[1].JPG
    IMG_5759[1].JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5760[1].JPG
    IMG_5760[1].JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 6
  • strongarm2.jpg
    strongarm2.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 6
Depends on the forks! 😜

If you're using the RD-M750 then I'd probably look towards the M510?
Nicely dodged re. forks :LOL: I reckon we can park it and decide later.
Probably will use the rd-m750, as it's the only one I found in the shed.

I've got some 1999 Judy XCs and a silver specialized bar you can have for postage if you are interested? I've probably got a box somewhere.

these ones:

they are cosmetically shabby now, but still work OK. They are the coil versions
So, build stalled a little over Xmas and New Year as 'workshop' had to be repurposed as a bedroom :rolleyes:

But it now has a fork very kindly gifted by slackboy (Thanks again). So, just a few little finishing bits to do, and then ride it.

Attachments

• IMG_5788[1].JPG
    IMG_5788[1].JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 12
Back