1995 Specialized S-Works JMC replica

Re:

longun":3fjd41el said:
tis okay i suppose.........................

love it dude ;)

Only ok, ha it's a good job I'm used to your cheek dude haha!
I can't wait for you to see it in person and see your reaction :)

That is absolutely beautiful, love the outdoor pics :) nice to have met you.

Alison

Right then, update time....

Quite a few of you may have seen this on our stand, or out and about at the Malverns a couple of months back.
Most of the time in company with both the real ex-jmc s-works and fsr, both of which were loaned to us for the weekend to have on display, at which point mine was open to much scrutiny over the differences between the real deal, and my build (mainly the wheels and in particular, the tyres, RetroSpud, I'm looking at you)
Well, since then I've sourced a new wheel set with correct mavic 121 rims (sadly not ceramic ones though) and the hardest part, correct team control and team master tyres.
I only had reissue smoke and darts on before as they looked period, the specialized tyres are good but faded so I shall be keeping an eye out for some better ones if I can.

And I'm still on the hunt for the correct avid tri align cantis too if anyone knows of a set hiding anywhere they would part with, feel free to message me!

Anyways, onto some pics....

20180701_151343 by John Paddock, on Flickr

20180701_151405 by John Paddock, on Flickr

20180701_152250 by John Paddock, on Flickr

20180701_154952 by John Paddock, on Flickr

And then lastly, something absolutely amazing that I picked up last weekend (with permission from Jason's dad, Jim)
The old memorial banner from Jason's crash site on the woodhead pass, as they have replaced it with a shiny new one to commemorate the anniversary of his tragic demise which was 23 years ago on Friday just gone!
I've already had conversations with Justin and have been added on fb by them both, and after a chance conversation regarding the old banner, Jim decided they would let me have it for use at shows and such to display alongside my bike and so I can do just that little bit more, towards keeping the memory of the late great JMC alive!!

20180818_175849 by John Paddock, on Flickr

Re:

Nice up date particularly like the verse on the banner.... very thought provoking

Anyway onto the bike, you did cause a bit of a mind f&*k at the Malverns for other less initiated fork who recognised the bike but not well enough to tell the two apart, it was like seeing TWO Mona Lisa’s hanging next to each other
One was obviously a very good pastiche, and when folk asked (and primed by Longun) I merely indicated that Smoke and Darts whilst period tyres were never fitted to the original one :LOL:

Problem being you just had a lot of people ask ! Starting with me on the Friday and going thought to Sunday evening, it’s not as if your Mona Lisa was wearing a Timex watch and making it easy to spot as the imposter

In one sense it’s testiment to how close you’ve got, and now your even closer with the recent additions :D which is going to make it even harder to tell the two apart
Perhaps the History Man could help in that dept ! :shock: (maybe not)

[Edit - care of info from Longun]
Next year they’ll have to spin the bike upside down and check out the Cromo Rails on the saddle - Original was Ti, ..... just say like (sniff)

Didn’t you take any pics of them both together ?

On a different note .... what happened to the drought up north ?
Your grass is very green and if you scroll back to page two the flower boarder that looks new and barren in May’s pic - use the path and blue line post for reference is now a rampant nature reserve

I’ll bet it’s the spot where you wash the bike !

Haha, did I take any pics of them all together, what a silly question to ask lol...

Yes I got a couple of them I think, and don't be so silly, this bike doesn't get wet, we have had a bout of epic weather but it has rained a bit recently so the garden has gone a little wild now....

20180616_131456 by John Paddock, on Flickr

20180616_114652 by John Paddock, on Flickr

20180616_124400 by John Paddock, on Flickr

20180616_124407 by John Paddock, on Flickr

And also after a quick look in the for sale section this morning, I seem to have netted myself a set of tri align cantis, the arms are black but I'm assuming those can be sanded and polished up, and the pad carriers are the correct red, so the old girl will be even closer once they arrive from the Netherlands!

Since your getting close to having all the correct parts and you already have the tattoo all you’ll be missing is the six pack

Gym membership next

Re:

Hey you'll be surprised dude, I've lost about a stone and a half since you last saw me man, off for a week in north Yorkshire riding next weekend too, can't wait!!

Back