1995/6 russian titanium red mig 1 :)

well got out for a ride on the old comrade today have to say rides like a dream felt better than most my other ti bikes ive had :) needs shorter stem and widers bars then would feel pretty much perfect :) View attachment 681711View attachment 681712
Oh what a shame that it rides horribly and that you've decided to let it go for chips

I'll do the kind thing and take it off your hands

I'm a member of DKP, and will give it a safe home under the red flying banner

Yes seems to be a good geo, slightly dropped top tube like for example Rocky Mountains or some Univegas built. I believe it's the best.

yes mate sorry to all the hard core gt fans but deffo more comfy than my xizang :)
I am definitely not a Gt fan. I am rather a Tech, Marin, Rocky Mountain, Univega etc. fan.
I know some riders, who had a connection to someone who had access to some ti tubes from a nuclear plant, although there's is a skilled welder around they did not use the opportunity to build the perfectly sized bikes for themselves. Now this is not an option anymore.
They say there is only one better material than ti; it's scandium.

This thread has helped me narrow down a mystery titanium frame that I have been having trouble identifying. Like yours, my frame has this flanged head tube very near the headset cups, top and bottom. Been looking at USA brand catalogs searching searching searching...

Nice build/transformation thread.

This thread has helped me narrow down a mystery titanium frame that I have been having trouble identifying. Like yours, my frame has this flanged head tube very near the headset cups, top and bottom. Been looking at USA brand catalogs searching searching searching...

Nice build/transformation thread.
cheers buddy i like the frame any pics of yours as they seem thin on the ground at the mo

Thanks for those links (and your comments in my thread). Pretty interesting reads. I highly doubt the bikes were made out of recycled titanium from MIG Fighters, but pretty sweet marketing nonetheless.

cheers buddy i like the frame any pics of yours as they seem thin on the ground at the mo
To the OP, disregard the Serotta stickers, because I am the third owner, recently bought the bike and haven't had time to sort it all out yet. Here are a few pictures. See the flanged/stepped head tube like yours? I haven't been able to find that anywhere else until you posted your bike.

Titanium Mystery 05.jpeg Unidentified Titanium 06.jpeg Titanium Mystery 03.jpeg Unidentified Titanium 07.jpeg

Thanks for those links (and your comments in my thread). Pretty interesting reads. I highly doubt the bikes were made out of recycled titanium from MIG Fighters, but pretty sweet marketing nonetheless.

To the OP, disregard the Serotta stickers, because I am the third owner, recently bought the bike and haven't had time to sort it all out yet. Here are a few pictures. See the flanged/stepped head tube like yours? I haven't been able to find that anywhere else until you posted your bike.

View attachment 682084View attachment 682086View attachment 682087View attachment 682088
the flanged headtube was on a few ti bikes buddy like some of the marins etc also the marins were the darker ti finish not sure if this was a bead blast process so altho i dont think yours is a marin it has more in common with a marin than a russian from what i can see altho im no expert :)

Back