Rear mech: Shimano XTR Rd-M900
Front Mech: Shimano XTR Fd-M900
Brakes: Shimano XTR Br-M900
Cables: Shimano XTR

Hubs: Ringle Black Superduper 8 hubs
Rims: Mavic 217 SUP CD Ceramic
Tyres: Ritchey Zmax Megabite Tanwall
Cassette: Shimano XTR Cs-M950
Skewers: Cook Bros Black wheels + seat qr.

Just taken it round the block for a quick blast and as a Yo Eddy, its every bit as good as expected. When the weather gets a bit better/warmer i'll take it for a proper ride.

98F60C86-2AD6-41A3-96E7-E85E00BE64D3.jpeg C903628A-5F2A-4AFE-9B44-BC2689A453B0.jpeg ED1FA584-53D8-44E6-A781-D2D9ED0B9874.jpeg A7D19784-CE06-46D9-AE54-4B638DD75E11.jpeg DBB7F951-3C70-4EF2-B1D9-0DF4C201F02C.jpeg

Last edited:
Utterly perfect.

A dream ride.
Those tires look really nice on there as well, and in great shape too! 2.1?

About my only quibble would be the stem. Not that there’s anything wrong with it at all, just that I personally find that particular Syncros model to look a little unbalanced and bulbous. It’s something about the proportions and the way it meets the neck/headset, how it looks against the lovely refined tubes of the bike. A similarly sized Salsa or even ATAC in black might appeal to me more. Or is there another Syncros model from the same era with a slightly different profile? Anyway, that’s just me! It’s your bike and the matching stem and drivetrain combo is obviously the smart route to take!

Loving the all black kit and personally glad you kept it that way.

I bet you can’t wait to ride it in anger!

Can’t wait to hear more when you do.

Utterly perfect.

A dream ride.
Those tires look really nice on there as well, and in great shape too! 2.1?

About my only quibble would be the stem. Not that there’s anything wrong with it at all, just that I personally find that particular Syncros model to look a little unbalanced and bulbous. It’s something about the proportions and the way it meets the neck/headset, how it looks against the lovely refined tubes of the bike. A similarly sized Salsa or even ATAC in black might appeal to me more. Or is there another Syncros model from the same era with a slightly different profile? Anyway, that’s just me! It’s your bike and the matching stem and drivetrain combo is obviously the smart route to take!

Loving the all black kit and personally glad you kept it that way.

I bet you can’t wait to ride it in anger!

Can’t wait to hear more when you do.
Cheers that’s v kind. The tyres are good condition and tea 2.1. I’ll keep them on there and ride it with them this summer I think.

I know what you mean about the stem. I’m used to skinnier steel quill stems and thought about a Salsa or Nitto here but for now I decided leave the Syncros, it matches the cranks, seatpost abs bars too well. I may change it in the future but for the sake of finishing it, Syncros it stays.

Roll On better weather and long rides,

Cheers that’s v kind. The tyres are good condition and tea 2.1. I’ll keep them on there and ride it with them this summer I think.

I know what you mean about the stem. I’m used to skinnier steel quill stems and thought about a Salsa or Nitto here but for now I decided leave the Syncros, it matches the cranks, seatpost abs bars too well. I may change it in the future but for the sake of finishing it, Syncros it stays.

Roll On better weather and long rides,
If the stem fits it´s gold. That seems to be a 140mm 5degr. Hard to find that exact spec in other brands. It´s also light and stiff. Lighter than a salsa.

I would swap the tires but that´s entirely dictated by the terrain i ride. I would use all the extra clearance provided by the yo and fit 2.4 tires front and back; it was one of the first bikes to allow 2.5 tires.

Back