1994 Specialized S-Works FSR

Ah, so we’re you there reason Kokies began making those arches?

Or you just lucked out because he has?

Can’t wait to see this bike posted up again in all its glory once you’ve got that last missing bit in your hands!

Looking through this thread again something struck me tho… the rear Tri-Align: is it possible you have two fronts on there, or the front and the rear switched? I know you mentioned the brake ended up sitting far enough away from the cable guide not to foul out, but was just thinking that seeing as how they made them in two slightly different sizes (longer for the front) maybe if that was the case a shorter rear would alleviate this problem even further/completely?

Ah, so we’re you there reason Kokies began making those arches?

Or you just lucked out because he has?

Can’t wait to see this bike posted up again in all its glory once you’ve got that last missing bit in your hands!

Looking through this thread again something struck me tho… the rear Tri-Align: is it possible you have two fronts on there, or the front and the rear switched? I know you mentioned the brake ended up sitting far enough away from the cable guide not to foul out, but was just thinking that seeing as how they made them in two slightly different sizes (longer for the front) maybe if that was the case a shorter rear would alleviate this problem even further/completely?

Someone else commissioned the arches - from an original, and I’ve just been waiting for it to happen so jumped at the chance to buy a replacement - can’t wait for it to arrive as the tektro rocker really doesn’t work.

I think I have a correct front/rear set of Avids, there’s been no real issues setting them up aside from the front end rocker problem.
I think my pads aren’t front rear specific as the fronts are marked L & R but not mounted that way to suit the direction arrows.

The Hugi is ridiculously loud! :LOL:

Last edited:
That’s a wrap!

Received the replacement FSX cantilever arch from SRP so I’ve been able to set up the front brakes with better functionality than the small arch & canti rocker allowed - so great work SRP!
98EA4C48-E8F8-4806-A322-52F159C21121.jpeg
739AA24C-4DEE-430B-B1C9-943A15830D32.jpeg

Also fitted a pair of NOS Umma Gummas I’ve stashed away for a while, which when compared to a well used pair really show the difference in original to ‘aged’ colour!
It’s a shame I can’t track down a better Ti Prolong saddle, or Ummar Gumma grips for the gripshift, but never mind.

Final spec as follows;

Frame: 18” Direct Drive Prestige Double Butted Cr-Mo
Forks: Specilaized Carbon FSX
Bars: Specialized
Stem: Zoom Ahead (fitted in preference to the rise of the OEM Ti stem)

Headset: 1” 1/8th Dia-Compe Aheadset
Brakes: Avid Tri-Align
Brake Pads: Avid
Brake Cables: Shimano / Tektro
Cantilever cable hangers: Avid Tri-Align
Brake Levers: Avid Ultimate SL

Shifters: Gripshift SRT-800 X-Ray
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR FD-M900 (31.8 dia top pull)
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR RD-M900
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XTR
Cassette: Shimano XTR CS-M900 12-28T
Chain: Shimano XTR
Cranks: Shimano XTR FC-M900
Crank Bolts: Specialized Ti
Chainrings: Shimano XTR SG 46/36/24
Chainring bolts: Shimano XTR M900
Bottom Bracket: Specialized Titanium
Pedals: Shimano PD-M737

Rims: 32H Specialized Z-21 Pro
Hubs: DT Hugi Compact