1994 RockLobster

Frame has been blasted and is going to get coated tomorrow/friday!

Its not an exact match for the tamers but looked pretty close! time will tell once its all done and out in daylight....

I have in the end decided to leave the "canti pull" thing on and have had what was left over from the cable stop removed....

Not what I wanted to do but they are coating the colour in bulk and Im getting it done for free

Tony....

After a week off work I arrived to find my frame was back from the coaters....

Colour looks a little washed out in the pics

Just ordered a black Ritchey headset from chain reaction so I can get the forks on then I will be on the hunt for a set of black Ringle Holey QRs

Brakes are going to be Dia-compe SS5 levers and Tektro cantis both in Black.

Then it will be time to choose tyres, cables, chainrings, chain, cassette, saddle! :facepalm:

Tony....

Little update,

I have been scratching my head trying to figure out how to get the Revolvers fitted as the original bottom brackets seem to non existent!

A few items have been sourced and pieced together, just waiting on the bearings to turn up before I know if it's going to work.... All non Tioga....!

Tony....

It's deffo not a cali frame! I would not have stripped it and coated it if it was!

Have a few pics to upload as I have figured a way to fit the Revolvers and finally have a set of QRs to mount the wheels....

Tony....

Sooo made it into a roller today thanks to some nice QRs from the forum!

I think the red looks good with the colour and has made me think that i should have gone with red cantis....?

Cockpit will deffo be all black broken up with the green Tioga Tamers.

Tyres are going to be swapped out for some Splashbacks, Saddle is a 1996 Bontrager so that might stop untill I get my Alpina 506 back together....

Here are a few shots of it as it stands today:

One with the flash on to get a better idea of the colour.... the lighting in the workshop isnt the best for pics!

Comments/Criticism welcome!

Tony....

Latest posts

Back