1994 original San Andreas - Prostop & Suspenders

Whole bike, as seen.

I thought about parting it out, but the Frame, forks, brakes, wheels need to go together (and the headset, seatpost and stem really). Doesn't leave much left!

Whole bike gotta be £1,200 to £1,500 but appreciate it prob cost more than that to assemble the individual parts.

My M2 replica cost £1,780 to build but no chance I’d ever get that back as a whole bike.

Last edited:
That is very nice. I've just bought a San Andreas, effectively frame and forks and needing cleaning etc... That was £500. But yours looks in very good condition and has the very desirable brakes and forks. I'd think around the £1500 or maybe more. If I hadn't just bought a house I'd happily offer that for it.

I would look at it this way - if you are a DH focused collector, assembling a collection of iconic bikes, you’ll need a San An. Now, the frames do pop up fairly regularly - but this is an early one, with a Risse, the correct forks and the correct brakes - and it’s good to go with a high quality build..

As they say “find me another”.. It could takes someone years to replicate that.

Pricing is subjective, but it’s gotta be worth £2k to have that package in one hit. Mid-90s stuff like Super 8s, thermo LTS DHs in quality full period builds are being touted at these kind of prices. The San Andreas has more rarity and at least similar icon status.

Would be interesting to see what it would do on eBay, though that’s evidently not your plan.

Back