1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Last Minute Suggestions?

Re: 1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Suggestions Please =)

Boy, did you ever extend the steerer!!!
I'd polish up that fork (like the 'start' you have at the bottom).

Mike

It's a tough call with a steel fork on a Ti frame. You won't be able to match the finish unless you get it ti plated. Are you doing a colour accent? I am going to vote that you match it to the XTR blue/grey colour of the M900. That colour really compliments Ti.

cyclotoine":qyxfiz6e said:
It's a tough call with a steel fork on a Ti frame. You won't be able to match the finish unless you get it ti plated. Are you doing a colour accent? I am going to vote that you match it to the XTR blue/grey colour of the M900. That colour really compliments Ti.

although presumably way too dull for a big this grand!, there's a point to it.
I'm not a big fan of polished steel you I bet you could make it work.

cyclotoine":11nz22f1 said:
What he said! That would look awesome :D

I think it would look fine in black but it's your bike ;-)

Kitmech":3h34cm5n said:
cyclotoine":3h34cm5n said:
What he said! That would look awesome :D

Hmmm I think you are onto something... I'll investigate with a test spray, thanks!

Leave them Black. I love the look of a titanium fork and frame together but not if one is just paint.

I'll see if I can find a rattle can on the shelf that is a match for M900 and give it a quick test spray...

I agree... Ti forks are awesome of Ti frames... but steel painted like Ti will never look right when it's right next to the real thing...

But likely I'll go with my original thought and end up painting them black

Update...

Decided to go with Critical Racing brakes (Ti hardware) on this one... (thanks timoshenko!) just have to strip the anno and give them a wired brush look =)

Also found a seat clamp and RockiMtn has a dog collar for me =) just need to pick it up (thanks!)

Also decided on stickers... did one test one... tried to match the ones KONA put on the new Rove...

Attachments

• image_2.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 357
  • image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 357
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 357
Back