1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Last Minute Suggestions?

Re:

Cool, it's an interesting build so I'm definitely watching. 94 hei hei graphics are available on eBay uk for £18, I don't know about international shipping but sellers are usually flexible on small items

Sean

Re: 1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Suggestions Please =)

ok cool, thanks! This was more of an experiment on colour... what if I got the 1994 font in this colour??

superstar1":2wm67fgb said:
al-onestare":2wm67fgb said:
superstar1":2wm67fgb said:
3. After 1994 Kona lost their mojo, for example you can't get a decent steel Kona frame today.

Where to start with this? What a joker :LOL:

Show me a decent Kona steel frame in 2014, and no, I don't need you to go on ebay and show me something that the scrap man wouldn't touch.

That's as may be but 20 years have passed since 'Kona lost their mojo' and I think many will argue that they made one or two decent steel frames during this period ;)

The modern decals on the Hei Hei don't do it for me but the colour might work with a more period correct style :)

Re:

don't get me wrong, I love retobikes/retrogeeks but im not that into retro fascism!

Today, I run a shop that sells Kona to a lot of happy buyers and even though we thought the time of steel had long past, we really notice a genuine revival. Kona's 2014 Explosif is a genuine class bike and can very well stand up to many holy '1993-1996' cromoly, even though the steel currently used may not be quite as refined as the Tange tubes used back in the day. Any one with a sense of riding an MTB will tell you it's all about the angles, and boy, they have come a long way since. The slacker headtube, supershort horseshoe chainstay design and low standover may not win any retro award but it does make for a very exhilarating ride. In fact I dare all of you to come by and test ride a 2014 Explosif, Honzo or Rove and not come back with a serious smile on your face!

now thats of my chest, my next project will undoubtedly be 1994 21" hei-hei. :LOL:

Re: Re:

parfumisme":1qs7ps2r said:
now thats of my chest, my next project will undoubtedly be 1994 21" hei-hei. :LOL:

:LOL:

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":1ruv73qe said:
Davichin":1ruv73qe said:
SEANSTEPHENS":1ruv73qe said:
So I sold it to member davichin on here, hopefully we'll see it on the forum again in the future

You will :roll:
why the :roll: face? :LOL:

get some pics up so we can see what you do with it :p

sean

:p It was a "it may take some time but sure will" kind of face :) . I already have the forks (thankfully to RockyMountain who put me in contact with a canadian friend of his, who sold me a nice set of gold XC500) and I am deciding wether going a more "classic", or maybe a little rasta with red, green and gold 90´s bits (of which I already have some...)... We´ll see! :)

Great thread and I'll be following it closely :)

I've got a Hei Hei I brought new in '94, it's been through quite a few guises but now has Projects 2s on and XTR M960. TBH the frame is so beautifully made that it handles good modern componentry well and it doesn't look out of place, I even had a set of Fox float 80s on mine in silver and they looked good! Okay it would be nice to have it period correct but at the end of the day you probably would have upgraded parts anyway so it's kind of evolved as a real, useable machine.

A timeless frame, hats off for trying some different parts and a new angle on it.

Back