1994 GT Zaskar

merckx

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This frame was given to me by my brother (thanks bro!). Essentailly, its a swap over from my '95, as it was a 19 inch and slightly too small for me.

This is a really nice frame with a bit of patina, and original decals that are a sublime colour. It even still has the little warning sticker on it telling you to make sure you know how a quick release works.

It feels great to ride, stiff nimble and sprightly

Originals_zps2d832be4.jpg

IMG_3757RS_zpsb0ef2b4d.jpg

Frame: '93 built 94 model Zaskar LE

Fork: Rock Shox Judy XC

Headset: Tioga Alchemy
Stem: Syncros Cattlehead
Handlebar: Syncros Hard Core (easton)
Grips: ODI Attack

Brakes: Shimano XT 737
Brake Pads:Kool Stop Eagle
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano XT 737

Shifters: Shimano XT 737
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT 737
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 737
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano XTR M952
Chain: Shimano XT
Cranks: Shimano XT 737
Crank Bolts:S himano XT 737
Chainrings: Shimano XT 737
Chainring bolts: Shimano XT 737
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT 737
Pedals: Shimano M737 SPD

Hub Skewers: Shimano XT 737
Rims: Mavic 217 SUP
Hubs: Shimano XT 737
Nipples: Alloy
Spokes: Wheelsmith
Tyres: Kenda

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder:Salsa

Nice Zaskar! :D

Any particular reason, why you did not use the Sycros post on the first picture which is time correct? The one now used is 1997+.

If you ever decide to let that GT Saddle with those screws go, please PM me. That would be lovely for my 92 Psyclone or a 91 Cyclone of my mate.

Rahbari":ad0b799b said:
Nice Zaskar! :D

Any particular reason, why you did not use the Sycros post on the first picture which is time correct? The one now used is 1997+.

If you ever decide to let that GT Saddle with those screws go, please PM me. That would be lovely for my 92 Psyclone or a 91 Cyclone of my mate.

thanks rahbari, i am quite happy with this one, it rides really well and looks good. i am leaving it not polished,i like the fact its got a bit of age and wear about it.

yeah, i have that earlier seatpost on my 1992 Zaskar currently, so the newer one is on this bike.

its a great saddle, (brand new) but again given to me by my brother, i need to keep it with me sorry. they are quite hard to come by

Looks sweet!
Just came across this post (computer out of action for a month :x )
Good to see it go to a good home and get used like it should!
Just have to toss a coin on which zas to ride now :D

Back