1993 Steve Potts Cross Country Racer

Re: Re:

raidan73":hei287hg said:
Wow, you're doing well finding these part Gio :cool:
Thanks mate. Found them a lot quicker than I thought I would.

Might get the wheels built soon-ish!!

Good to see the parts coming together Gio - can't wait to see this one built up. :)

Giom6":1gzlzi7z said:
jimi911":1gzlzi7z said:
Looking good! Gonna be such a classic looking ride.
Thanks. Hopefully.

Still it sure on gear set up just yet. Really wanted a Ritchey Logic crank set but no clue in anything else apart from XT.

I had a NOS ritchey crankset but it went across the pacific a month ago.

I really like the look of the topline cranks. Not overpowering or too funky. That's what landed on my 1991 Brodie (took a set of Ritchey's off).

Re:

What rims are you going to use? Lovely project, I rather fancy a Potts some day. So far I've managed to acquire some hubs, but that's it! :LOL:

Will be keeping an eye on this one.

andyz":1winpab4 said:
What rims are you going to use? Lovely project, I rather fancy a Potts some day. So far I've managed to acquire some hubs, but that's it! :LOL:

Will be keeping an eye on this one.
I have some Campags Contax in stock that I might use. I really wanted some Mavic 231's but can't find any for love nor money.

I think once i've decided what to do with the paint I'll make a decision on the rims and the other parts.

Hold out for the rims you want. Patience is a virtue. Those WTB hubs (and roller cams)were the hard part. Compared to that, the rims should be a breeze.

What year is the frame? Or what year are you building it to?

Giom6":20x7luc0 said:
1993 vintage

I have a 94 Potts and chose to go with WTB Powerbeams (Probably a bit new even for my frame but negotiable). Some hard anodized 231's would be the cats meow on your build and certainly my favorite rim from that era (along with 261's but I am a big guy).

This is a really cool project.

Back