Sold 1993 Peugeot Team, HLE Mangalloy 55cm frame, in London £125

Adam3288

Dirt Disciple
Made in France, 21 speed, Altus C10 front and rear derailleurs, cantilever brakes.

All checked, lubricated and adjusted, working well and ready to ride away. £125 pick up in London NW3

Attachments

• DSC09806.JPG
    DSC09806.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC09815.JPG
    DSC09815.JPG
    383.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC09814.JPG
    DSC09814.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC09810.JPG
    DSC09810.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC09809.JPG
    DSC09809.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC09813.JPG
    DSC09813.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC09807.JPG
    DSC09807.JPG
    500.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC09816.JPG
    DSC09816.JPG
    604.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC09808.JPG
    DSC09808.JPG
    549.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC09817.JPG
    DSC09817.JPG
    615.2 KB · Views: 48
The sticker in pic 4 says Made in France... is it a lie?

According to Peugeot:

"HLE ("Haute Limite Elastique") Tubing: HLE is Peugeot's exclusive alloy tubing. It is a "micro alloyed steel" which is comprised of Manganese, Niobium, Aluminum, Carbon and Titanium, which offers a lighter, yet stronger frame. These elements are commonly used in the production of aeronautical steel. The introduction of these elements results in a steel with dramatically improved mechanical properties when compared with more conventional steel. The strength to weight ratio of HLE tubing is far superior to that of conventoinal tubing. Using this tubing enables Peugeot to save more than 7 ounces in the weight of the frame. The HLE tubing, when used with our patented internal brazing system, gives Peugeot a frame which is at the top of its class in performance and reliability."

Think its unlikely it was made in France and more likely Taiwan

I dont think there is any magnesium, aluminum, carbon or titanium in that steel frame.

Think its unlikely it was made in France and more likely Taiwan

I dont think there is any magnesium, aluminum, carbon or titanium in that steel frame.
No carbon in the steel? Seriously? Considering that steel is by definition an alloy of iron and carbon, I think I would have to respectfully disagree.

The sticker in pic 4 says Made in France... is it a lie?
Perhaps it depends on one's interpretation of the sticker.

For example the frame could have been welded and finished in China/Taiwan/whatever other cheap labour country they use, but then shipped to France where the bike is assembled.
The finished bike would still be considered "Made in France"

Or maybe the frame is indeed welded in France.

Unless there's some catalogue from BITD that describes what part is fabricated where, it'll be hard to figure out just what that sticker means.

yeah I thinking maybe assembled in France was abetter description

The old team line frames from grisley have a "Made in France" decal however the reflex models which are the same frame have "Made in USA"

Eitherway in this case looking at the frame and components on the bike above Im sure its just a cheap reproduction on the Teamline bike. Theres currently 2 others the same on eBay at the moment.

Nice, that wont hang around for long!
Thanks, but it does seem to be hanging around. Maybe everyone's been put off by the guy who thinks steel doesn't have carbon in it, saying he thinks my HLE frame is made in China and weighs a ton (which it doesn't by the way)

Peugeot%201993%20Germany%20Poster%20Brochure%20VT26,%20TR26SRC,%20EN200.jpg

Back