1993 Orange Prestige.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just picked this up from member C Ciders Dave with much thanks going to Pete (Magpiegifts) for collecting and posting it to me. The Retrobike community in action!

Dave told me he'd bought this as a frame only back in late 1992 and transferred some parts from his Overburys on to it including the lovely, early Pace RC35's and I suspect the non lo-pro XT canti's. As can be seen the groupset is pretty much XT throughout and in great, usable condition, as is the rest of the bike. It saw some race action bitd and then received a refresh more recently to prepare for a tour of The Netherlands (new rims, bar, saddle, etc).

This is a perfect retro bike really as it's been used but obviously very well maintained so it still looks fantastic but I won't be afraid to use it, unlike my mint orange/white Clockwork!

I've got some thinking to do over what I change as I want to keep most of the original parts but then I also have some ideas in keeping with it's model year. First change will be replacing the riser bar with either the Hyperlite that came with the bike or the Orange Hot Rod I have in the garage. Leaning towards the Rod as it's a bit wider and a little tidier. The wheels will be swapped to Hope/Mavic 231 with Ground Control's and the saddle for a Flite. I also have a spare pair of OEM grips that will replace the modern lock on's.

After that I'm not sure. I have a lovely M735 rear mech that would look ace and some levers with better hoods. I also have some lo-pro XT canti's that would be more '92/3'. I think the headset and bottom bracket have been replaced so I could fit XT versions I have then I also have a black ringed crankset waiting for the right bike...................
Problem is, go too far and it loses it's originality and that's a big bit of the bike's charm. We'll see.

I never really got on with the champagne/aqua Clockwork's so didn't pay much attention to the champagne/purple Prestige when I was a kid. I also preferred the classic decals but having owned plenty of those it's nice to have a change and I think it all looks really smart. I'll update as things change. 😁
20210428_180634.jpg 20210428_180643.jpg 20210428_180825.jpg 20210428_180808.jpg 20210428_180730.jpg 20210428_180725.jpg 20210428_180719.jpg 20210428_180659.jpg 20210428_180653.jpg 20210428_181122.jpg

She's a beauty Ed,I'm so glad you are happy with it. I was smiling when I gave her a spin round the block , I've never been an orange fan. But I think I've been missing out all these years.

She's a beauty Ed,I'm so glad you are happy with it. I was smiling when I gave her a spin round the block , I've never been an orange fan. But I think I've been missing out all these years.
You have mate, you defo need to get one in the stable. Don't discount the humble Clockwork, they ride really well.

Thanks again pal, I owe you one. Let me know if you're still after some XT kit.

Back