1993 Marin Team Issue

Sell the frame??!!?? It's perhaps the nicest-riding hardtail of that period. Someone's going to get a Nice Thing......

I think both are the same tubeset - Tange Prestige TT Ultralite. This is a stunning tubeset. The dropouts are dropdead gorgeous. The toptube is long. The 'tube ping' when you flick with a finger says 'thin, strong, light'. It meets KB's 'you can have two of cheap, strong, light' but you can't have all three. So the '92 is DEFINITELY strong and light. Goodness knows how much such a tube set would cost these days. But COTIC frames and Stanton are about there. The Stanton ti is 2,000. It rides much like that. The Marin Team steel and Marin Ti were very similar to ride. I know, I had both at the same time.

That’s all good news and exactly what I was hoping for, not knowing too much about Marin’s.

I paid what I think is a pretty good price, considering it needs a little love to get back into a good shape.

But that’s half the fun, right?

I had already checked out the catalog spec on here...

Don’t LOVE the neon yellow decals so am already considering retro blasphemy and getting them redone in either white or black (to match forks and planned components) instead. But I guess we’ll see how I feel when it’s in front of me.

Will most likely try to get my hands on all three and decide a little further down the line!

Thanks 2many!

Back