BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Picked this up Yesterday

Marin Pine Mountain 1993

I just dont seem to be able to help myself when I see a nice old bike these days

DX and XT mix, pretty standard spec except one of the XT shifters was replaced with a DX unit at some point and a purple spoke nipple replaced.

IMG-20190331-184027.jpg

IMG-20190331-184035.jpg

IMG-20190331-184042.jpg

Looking great, I love this year of Marin colour scheme wise second to the first Zolatone’s.

I have a 93 Pine FRS to rebuild soon, came as a frame and fork so won’t be standard spec but period parts.

Re:

tis a really nice bike I have to agree, nice and light, especially the wheels but if I'm honest its a little bit ..... grey, I like the pre 93 colour schemes more ......... just my era I guess.

for now though this will stay with me :)

SpecializedSworks15":3r64feet said:
My all time favorite bike ;-) what did you find it ... nice matey

This came to me via work again, destined to be a student hack I felt that I should get my offer in and rescue it from a life of living in a back garden with a basket attached to the handlebars....

Sweet. I had one of these to replace the '92 Eldridge that I had nicked. Mind you, this one got nicked fairly quickly too and replaced with a '95 Pine Mountain. That one didn't get nicked, but I did shear off the head tube getting a bit over-ambitious in the Forest of Dean.

Think I was pretty much keeping Marin in business BITD...

Back