1993 Marin Indian Fire Tail - Childhood Dream Bike

The seatpost Ive just got round to mounting on the Marin. mine has the printed logos like this but was so worn and damaged I just took them off to leave it plain black..I think it looks way better for it on the Marin more like a 1994 . I mite think about reprinting the Syncros logo but on the back like on the titanium version seatpost 2ADC2F99-6760-45CE-B0E2-A9AF7FB55118.jpeg

I have an odd question for you. If you line up the M900 crank arms with the chainstays and pinch them together, with thumb and fingers, how many mm closer to the chainstay can you get with the inside of the arm?

I ask because i am thinking of buying some of these cranks and i am hoping they flex ALOT less than the XD2's, that are currently fitted.

Hi mate think it’s 9mm gap. I will double check and the bottom bracket is a 68 x 107mm

You miss understand me.

How many mm can you reduce that 9mm gap if you squeeze the crank arm and chainstay together using thumb and index finger with a reasonable amount of force, but not excessive?

You miss understand me.

How many mm can you reduce that 9mm gap if you squeeze the crank arm and chainstay together using thumb and index finger with a reasonable amount of force, but not excessive?
Just looked again normal 10mm or 9mm and squeezed in 7mm gap

Just looked again normal 10mm or 9mm and squeezed in 7mm gap

Thank you for doing that. The XD2's flex way more than that and it is easy to get a strike on the chainstay if the gap is too small. I have the correct BB and now just need cranks that dont cost silly money!

Thank you.

That is ok mate no probs 😎

also doing abit of digging today I found some interesting SPD pedals my dad used in the 90s made by Wellgo WPD94 ..they was missing the cleats but happed to find some today looking around in boxes. so mite use these pedals and see what they are like at some point

I will add pictures tomorrow they look very cool 335138C7-842F-4D75-8236-F79BD5130E3A.jpeg 3F9CC8A7-79A0-40C8-B92B-0C841A73F7B0.jpeg

Last edited:
That is ok mate no probs 😎

also doing abit of digging today I found some interesting SPD pedals my dad used in the 90s made by Wellgo WPD94 ..they was missing the cleats but happed to find some today looking around in boxes. so mite use these pedals and see what they are like at some point

I will add pictures tomorrow they look very coolView attachment 749392View attachment 749393

Ooh.....they are interesting and a new one for me. Strong WTB Stealth vibes coming of them. Are they special cleats only or can you use some from something else? What do they weigh?

Ooh.....they are interesting and a new one for me. Strong WTB Stealth vibes coming of them. Are they special cleats only or can you use some from something else? What do they weigh?
They feel on the heavy side but well built. I’m going to weight them tomorrow and see ..the cleats I think are only for these pedals very chunky looking they have WPD94 cast into the cleats the model number like on the pedals

Back