1993 Manitou Frameset

I thought this was pricey for an uncracked one and then I read the blurb and found it was cracked! :shock:

Would anyone mind explaining me why the so-far-uncracked ones would be better than those where the problem has already occured and has been rectified?

I really don't understand why people make such a big deal of it. I have never had any problems with fixed cracks.

I really don't understand why people make such a big deal of it. I have never had any problems with fixed cracks.

In that case do you wish to buy my really tidy (repaired crack RTS1) :D

Not really interested in a Manitou as it's just not my kind of bike. However I see everyone going on about it having a crack or not, and just don't get what the fuss is all about.

I really only want an explanation on why it is so important that it has or has not cracked.

It doesn't matter that the crack has been repaired (either better than original or not). The market perception is that this is always a bad thing.

Hence prices are lower...

So come resale time...

Aha, now I get it. Thanks for explaining what should have been obvious. :oops:

So it's all about the money. Good, I was kinda worried (by lack of a better word) that it had to do with the bike's life expectancy or behaviour.

Sounds good to me. If the styling ever grows on me, I can go for a cheap one. :cool:

Exactly!

If you know you like something and are never going to sell it - it's a bonus!

this was my frame & the crack was repaired buy skilled folks. i rode it with no hesitations nor did i pamper it on the rides.

but yes a purist would not want a repaired frame.,

Doug

Back