Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
This will be short :)

Have had this frame for a very long time, cant even remember how i came to own it tbh. At one time i tried to sell it, nobody wanted it, even after months of trying which eventually led to the price dropping all the way to £25 or so. After a bit of thought i decided the frame is not a bad one and to keep it, maybe one day building it up. Then after finishing the Cinder Cone built with XT i had the idea of building it up with full M900, carrying on the theme of lesser frame greater spec. That has since changed and the plan now is to build it as a tourer for a couple of trips i want to do.

Before that though, my faithful Charge is long due retirement. It has been a great frame and i will be keeping it, but every year or so i like to try a different steel frame. I do have another frame lined up but thought i would build this up for just over winter as my main ride. It wont be period, most parts from my Charge will be going on, except the disc brakes which are due a service anyway. I will be running a single rear v brake, shorter stem and wide bars, might even put the longer forks off the Charge on, will see how the RST SL's cope first i think.

So, not exciting, and will be just a pic of before and after basically :)

As it sits now...

Attachments

• P1012775.JPG
    P1012775.JPG
    733.8 KB · Views: 538
Hi there mk one, I have a unidentified Kona frame that looks the same as yours, would you be able
to post the weight of the bare frame as it looks now less the forks and clamp?
Cheers, Jim

Croftykona":b0qy6cmw said:
Hi there mk one, I have a unidentified Kona frame that looks the same as yours, would you be able
to post the weight of the bare frame as it looks now less the forks and clamp?
Cheers, Jim

Hi Jim.

Unfortunately i have no way of weighing the frame, this frame was used on a couple of models though, just different component specs.

Re:

Its ok guys, I managed to identify my frame. It is a 1993 Cinder Cone. I found some green paint in the nooks and crannies around the rear mech hanger. Same frame as mk ones, just different colour scheme.

Same as my Cinder Cone :)

Attachments

• KonaCC2.jpeg
    KonaCC2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 193
  • CCframe.jpeg
    CCframe.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 193
Re:

Yes that's it. I was speaking to jinjrich today. I work with him and we were saying how you don't see many of the 93 Cinder Cones.

Re: Re:

Croftykona":1rmsblqu said:
Yes that's it. I was speaking to jinjrich today. I work with him and we were saying how you don't see many of the 93 Cinder Cones.

And then a load come along at once! I've got one on the way... Will have to start a sub forum :)

Back