1993 Kona Hot

Frame is in hand and looks great. Sure the paint is not 100% but the patina on this one will be admired and left to tell it’s story. The seller told me the bike was suspension corrected which I was surprised by. He said it originally had first version Rockshox RS1 on it. Looking to find out more and will post as things progress. Very excited for this one

The RS1 was likely an upgrade that the owner added to it. Based on what I’ve read Hot frames weren’t sus corrected until 94/95. Someone here will undoubtedly be able to shed some light on this.

Very nice!
I would love to have a Kona Hot. It’s become like a mythical bike for me - I have never actually seen one in real life. My ultimate Hot is the orange one in the 91 catalogue.
On your frame I find it interesting that it has that seat post clamp. My 92 Explosif came with that clamp, and I swapped it out for a slimmer and lighter version as soon as I could. That clamp functions OK but is overly heavy and cumbersome. I thought that for the top model they would use a lighter clamp.

Back