1993 Kona Cinder Cone

Thanks guys.

And unfortunately Milpool no, i have been off bikes for a bit due to an injury so it has just been sat upstairs waiting on a few tweaks and a ride. As for changes, it will be staying as is but may end up using the XT seatpost i have for riding which is a bit faded for picture duty hence the USE post. It is part of a build of three '93 Kona's i had planned using what i have called reverse-cycology, the final build is going to be a lava dome with full XTR, though i am actually looking for the Hahanna in the right size as that is my favorite colour of the range :D P1012242.JPG

Last edited:
I look forward to all of those builds, I hope you mend quickly. I actually just bought a NOS xt post, m900 crankset and m735 FD. Sticking with DX rd until I can sort an m735 rd. I think your black wheels really set this bike apart, I frequently skim your build thread, but I don't foresee them in my broke arse future any time soon. Looking forward to the ride photos soon!

Thank you.

The first was the Kilauea which after Mayhem started having its original parts put back on, build thread for that is here - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=362041&hilit=93+kona+kilauea

I had a groupset lying around, mostly XT so decided to build the Cinder Cone up using it as its a great frame anyway, that gave me the idea to keep going and build either my Lava Dome or even better if i can find one, a Hahanna, using XTR, the things you do when your bored :LOL:

Bit of a thread revival. I've been looking for a 19" Kilauea but hard to find. So how did this ride compared to your Kilauea?

Back